Leads and owns the Commercial Capability Programme which supports the progression of Commercial colleagues through the business from new starter to experienced manager. Creates the conditions for transformed Commercial capability through the recruitment, retention, and development of highly engaged, capable and confident Commercial teams.
- Identify the development needs of our Commercial teams to create and promote learning which addresses their needs and helps to progress their careers
- Engaging with and managing stakeholders across Commercial and the wider business to co-create capability plans - designing individual elements of a Commercial Capability framework, including the Commercial Academy.
- Establish the short, medium and long term training and development needs across the Commercial team.
- Develop, implement, maintain and review all collateral for the Commercial Academy.
- Manage the operational delivery of the Commercial Capability Programme
- Develop ways of working to support a common methodology and standardised approach across all Commercial functions
- Undertake the detailed design and deployment of an induction programme which provides a professional approach to joining Commercial and to speed integration into role
- Prioritise the programme scope and timeline according to what will deliver the greatest benefit.
- Instrumental in coaching and developing talent of the future
- Working alongside the Commercial Development Manager to ensure all commercial developments are integrated into the programme
- Part line manages the Commercial Development Analyst
- Update/maintain all Commercial Academy resources
- Scope, specify and champion relevant learning platforms as required
- Provide weekly, monthly & quarterly progress updates as required
- Strong retail Commercial background for example in 1 or more of; Merchandising, Space Management, Supply Chain, Buying
- Proven Commercial Acumen
- Financially astute
- Experience in training development and deployment
- Experience as a mentor
- Ability to influence across functions and levels
- Stakeholder management and relationship building
- Challenging and confident with strong interpersonal skills
- High level of planning & organisational skills
- Makes confident clear decisions and knows when to ask for help or advice
- Works at pace and with limited supervision
- Takes personal responsibility for delivering on time and accurate work
- Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrates tenacity to remain engaged & drive for the best result possible
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation's most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectati