Big Al’s is the Northwest’s premier Family Entertainment Center, featuring over 60,000ft² of clean & exciting fun for all ages! Our high energy, high-volume facilities host a variety of entertainment options for friends, families, and businesses.
We are the most technologically-advanced entertainment center in the area with 42 lanes of bowling, hundreds of state-of-the-art arcade games, and the NW’s largest big screens for sports enthusiasts to catch their Big Game. Our robust menu boasts the highest quality ingredients, and some of the most impressive - and delicious - appetizers & entrees in both our full-serve Sports Bar & Grill and Snack Bar (just ask about Big Al’s Famous Nachos!). We also feature a killer line-up of draft beers: standard domestics as well as a local and seasonal handles from the NW’s treasure trove of breweries.
Big Al’s is THE place for event planners looking to host small team-building events or large corporate functions for up to 2,000 guests. Birthdays? Graduations? Reunions? Celebrations? Team Building? Corporate Meetings? Fundraisers? Yep, we do all that. And we do all of that very well!
We seek talented, energetic & enthusiastic candidates to join the Big Al’s family. Though we work hard, we play hard too, and offer competitive benefits packages as well as a safe & fun work environment with peers who are passionate about customer service and guest care.
Provide friendly, attentive, and timely service to create an exceptional experience for all guests while supporting the bar staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
· Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, napkins, and ensuring that bartenders have clean towels, glassware, etc.
· Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
· Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly and changing out kegs if needed.
· Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles.
· Learning about menu items and memorizing cocktail recipes.
· Taking orders, preparing drinks, bussing tables, opening tabs, and processing payments especially during peak hours.
Essential Job Skills/Abilities:
* Ability to work as a team and communicate effectively to staff and guests
* Attention to detail
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and delegate tasks
* Ability to solve practical problems
* Ability to take direction
Education and/or Experience:
One year related experience and/or training. Must be 18 years of age.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; for long periods of time. The employee uses manual dexterity to reach/handle items and work with the fingers. The employee frequently lifts, carries and balances multiple items. This position is required to lift up to 50 lbs.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms, carry and balance serving trays. The employee must occasionally lift, carry, and/or move up to 50 lbs.
This job description, with its list of tasks, duties and responsibilities, is not intended to be all-inclusive, and may be expanded to include other tasks, duties and responsibilities that management may deem necessary from time to time.
Big Al’s believes in continuing to create a FUN, SAFE and REWARDING environment for all our staff. We believe in hiring talented, energetic & enthusiastic candidates to join the Big Al’s family which makes us the Pacific Coasts’ Premier Family Entertainment Center.
Among our many benefits we offer high potential earnings, many discounts to our partner retail shops, medical, vision and dental, vacation, sick pay and we close our doors for a day during the summer to celebrate YOU! More importantly we believe in a culture that understands how important people are to our mission.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Bar Back
Apply for this job now.