At MedMen, we started our journey in 2010 as a team of two with one big idea and a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
We started MedMen with a simple vision; cannabis as a consumer product. It is a simple idea with profound consequences for how marijuana is cultivated, produced and marketed. Quality standards matter, best practices matter, brand reputation matters. Today, MedMen is the most dominant cannabis enterprise in the emerging legal marijuana industry.
MedMen is the first turnkey marijuana corporation of its kind and is transforming the way people experience and perceive this previously underground multi-billion-dollar cannabis/wellness industry. At MedMen you'll be inspired, challenged and humbled working with insanely smart and passionate people.
The hospitality & operations associate sells and services new and existing customers. The position is also responsible for processing product, performing sales and service functions for targeted promotional items.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greet and establish rapport with customers-- get to know them and seek to understand their interest in cannabis medicine.
- Assist patients in identifying the medicines and methods of medication that best fit their individual needs.
- Adhere to strict distribution processes and maintain a professional and safe environment for customers and coworkers.
- Gather and process required patient documents and information, and perform detailed verification while maintaining client confidentiality.
- Continue to enhance your knowledge of medical cannabis, and continually hone your ability to explain and recommend treatment procedures and product uses.
- Unpack, sort, count and label merchandise as directed, including items requiring special handling or refrigeration.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility.
- Maintain the professional appearance of the collective by restocking merchandise on the sales floor and participating in basic store clean-up.
- Perform clerical tasks including accurate filing, compiling, and maintaining inventory and records.
- Assists customers and arranges payment terms in accordance with established guidelines.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Presentation Skills.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Results Driven.
- Technical Capacity.
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time or Part Time position. Work hours are anytime between Monday through Sunday, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED diploma and two to three years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Associate degree.
- Sales experience.
- Knowledge of marijuana strains, (indicas, sativas, hybrids), edibles, extracts, and current products on the market a huge plus.
- Dispensary-related experience a plus.
- Must be able to provide exemplary customer service, and represent the business with pride.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not approve visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc. Submittal and clearance of drug and background screening to meet Company Policy expectation.
MedMen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MedMen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
MedMen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MedMen employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
MedMen is a leading cannabis firm based in Los Angeles with operations and exposure across North America. The Firm consists of two main components; a management company and a capital arm.
MedMen Management is the premier full-service management company serving the cannabis industry. The company offers turnkey services to license holders in the areas of cultivation, extraction, production and retail operations.
Role: Hospitality & Operations Associate
Apply for this job now.