Electrical Service Engineer - South East England, East Anglia, London and potential UK
Electrical Service Engineerrequired for one of the largest owner operators of rapid electric vehicle (EV) charging stations across the UK. Although this position will be home based you will be expected to travel around the South-East, London and East Anglian region with potential UK wide travel.
Salary: £17.10 per hour, 40 hours a week plus overtime
InstaVolt are the largest owner operator of rapid electric vehicle charging stations across the UK and we pride ourselves on customer experience and satisfaction. Our team of electrical service engineers provide a full range of maintenance to our stations, as well as playing a crucial role in the expansion of the network and the continuation of our reputation as best in industry.
This a great opportunity to get involved with one of the fastest growing companies in an industry that is going to see huge growth over the coming years.
The selected candidate will have to perform four key duties in their role. These are site surveys, proactive maintenance, reactive maintenance, and electrical installation work.
- Site Surveys: In order to maintain the growth of the business there is a requirement to complete surveys of potential charging locations. This will include drawings and photographs of the sites, measurements from site, communication with in-house planning team, uploading photographs and great communication.
- Proactive Maintenance: By keeping the stations maintained and clean this ensures InstaVolt reputation remains the best and the reliability remains market leading.
- Reactive Maintenance: This will be a crucial part in the candidate's role, as InstaVolt strive to keep our network online 24/7. Its critical to the business that downtime is kept to the minimum and the response to these incidences is paramount to ensure the availability is at its very best.
- Electrical Installation work; There is a requirement for our engineers to install the electrical infrastructure related to the charging stations. This will include the installation of SY/SWA cables, panel board installation, earthing, bonding and electrical testing.
A successful candidate will have the ability to communicate with multiple members of staff, from reporting to their manager, members of the network performance team, project managers and members of the design team regarding the site surveys. There is also a requirement to effectively communicate with our engineering back office team, warehouse and installation team to diagnose and rectify any faults that have occurred.
We would be looking for the below in the successful candidate.
- Ability to comprehend and adhere to health and safety regulations and standards.
- Single-handedly and efficiently perform electrical fault finding, diagnosis and repair along with electrical installation work.
- Be suitability qualified in electrical installation work and conversant in BS7671.
- A flexible attitude and the ability to quickly adapt to changes and learn new skills and techniques.
- Provide prompt and co-operative response to reactive fault issues.
- Installation of fresh electrical and electronic components and fittings
- Troubleshoot machine breakdowns and provide preventive maintenance services.
- Supervise electrical works when new projects are undertaken.
- Keep record of all stock and supplies, including deliveries to addresses etc.
- Have a basic knowledge of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word, OneDrive and Excel
- Good communication and customer facing skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of people during your working day.
- Work with their own initiative and willingly adap