Location: Eagan MN
Contract Duration: 6 months
Compensation: $14-16/hr DOE
The main function of a collector is to locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visit to solicit payment. A typical collector is responsible for receiving payment, preparing statements to credit department if customer doesn’t respond, and keeping records of collection.
• Receive payments and post amounts paid to customer accounts.
• Locate and monitor overdue accounts.
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, services, or credit contracts.
• Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims or non-payable checks, or to return merchandise.
• Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers’ financial situations.
• Verbal and written communication skills, customer service and negotiation skills.
• Ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
• Ability to accurately document and record customer/client information.
• Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to collections.
• Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, and any other related collections software a plus.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• 0-2 years financial and/or customer service experience required.
Our promise is simple. DAHL has proven year after year that we are flexible, consistent and easy to work with, which is why our clients and consultants have stayed with us, and we've continued to grow throughout the years.
Our clients know they can depend on our efforts, as we hold their priorities in high regard. We genuinely care about each and every relationship and promise to work with the utmost of respect, integrity and high energy, as we continually strive to build long-term relationships.
Apply for this job now.