I'm currently recruiting for 2 Transport Co-Ordinators for a 4 on 4 off role in Gloucester. Shifts are 1800 to 0600 or 0600 to 1800 with potential overtime available. The role is working for a leading company in the chilled distribution sector, with the chance of further personal development and progression.
This is an Immediate start for successful candidate and on going.
The client delivers their products across the U.K and are renowned for offering excellent customer service and therefore require a professional and experienced Transport Co-ordinator.
To apply for the role, you must possess the following Qualities and experience.
- Previous experience within the transport sector or experience of a similar role, as transport administration or as a transport clerk/planner/Co-ordinator,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a good telephone manner.
- You will be responsible for booking consignments for delivery and receiving instructions from customers regarding collection of their freight.
- You will also be communicating with other depots to ensure delivery is completed on time and dealing with any problems that may arise, as well as scanning information to each consignment and keeping an audit trail of each stage of the delivery.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, pressurised environment.
- Customer orientated with supply chain experience an advantage.
- Flexibility to work in a support role.
- Good Knowledge of Transport Legal responsibilities, including EU working time directive and Driving hours regulations.
- Strong ICT skills - in Microsoft office including excel.
- Previous experience of Tacho Master would be desirable.
- Understanding of the different driving Categories.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Responsible for ensuring all drivers receive the correct paperwork and are fully briefed at the start and end of their run, in line with company procedures and legal requirements.
- Ensure all documentation on debrief is filled out correctly and is in line with company policies and procedures.
- Providing support to the Transport shift managers and Transport manager as required.
- Ensuring that internal systems are managed and monitored, making sure all information is present and correct and there is full compliance to any regulations.
- Accurately recording driver hours, including agency drivers, ensuring adherence to their run times started on their paperwork.
- Reporting any anomalies directly to the Transport Shift Manager.
- To accurately record all holidays, sickness and any other absence and ensuring the necessary records and rotas are always up to date.
- To set up drivers' records for new starters to keep licence information.
- To keep accurate records of any tachograph infringements and driving license checks.
- Working with the fleet department to ensure defects are logged, servicing schedules are met, and fleet issues are escalated as required.
- Any other adhoc duties as and when required.
Immediate start for successful candidate.
If you are interested in this role please apply or contact Mark for more information on #removed# or text “Co-ordinator Glos” to #removed# for a call back.
Driving Workforce are responsible for putting Drivers and Transport staff into temporary and permanent vacancies across the Midlands. We operate from several prime locations in the area, and are likely to have an office right near you. Our team are highly experienced in filling the following roles; HGV 1 Driving, HGV 2 Driving, 7.5 Tonne Driving, Van Driving, Moffett Driving and HIAB Driving. We are always on the lookout for the very best driving talent, so if y