Offering a competitive rate of pay, a dynamic and friendly working environment, and a secure position within an established company, we are looking for a hardworking Transport Planner to join our team in Romford, East London.
Founded in 1875 Nicholls and Clarke Group are a manufacturer, distributor and retailer of building materials throughout the UK with a network of retail and distribution centres. We have a committed team of over 650 people supplying building materials to the trade and retail markets.
Hours: 9am-7pm (45 hours per week). 1-hour unpaid lunch.
Role responsibilities for the Transport Planner:
- Coordinating and planning transport activities
- Overseeing and completing Driver de-briefs upon return
- Responding to telephone calls in a timely manner providing a friendly and supportive service to our customers
- Dealing with drivers and routing vehicles.
- Inputting and maintaining data on our system
- Operational administration as required
- Ad-hoc transport office duties
Requirements for the Transport Planner:
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a similar transport and logistics role/environment
- A positive and proactive work ethic and be able to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- Fully computer literate and able to use IT packages including Word, Excel and various databases
- Strong customer service skills and a solutions-orientated approach
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Must have a flexible and 'can-do' attitude
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Career stability and progression
- 23 days holiday per annum plus all bank holidays
- Company pension scheme (NEST)
- Permanent full-time position
- Access to Perkbox (discounts and more)
- Access to the cycle to work Scheme