We are seeking a tutor to work on a 1-2-1 basis with a student who has additional education needs. You will be working in an Educational SEND setting with the student based in Edmonton, London on a 1-2-1 basis, providing him with basic English and Maths learning.
TeacherActive are partners with a local council who require tutors to work alongside pupils who have additional educational needs. These reasons include pupils which have an EHCP or classified as 'looked after pupils' and require additional learning hours to supplement their education.
Ideally you will be a Qualified Teacher or a graduate/final year University Student with experience working with young people. Experience working in an SEN environment is essential.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) desirable but not essential if the candidate has the right experience
- Proven experience teaching 1:1 and in small groups
- Proven experience of teaching core subjects (Maths & English)
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- SEND experience with SEMH, ASC or Challenging Behaviour desirable
- 1:1 intervention and tuition
- Preparation and delivery of lessons with accordance to the National Curriculum
- Liaise with support staff to develop individual education plans
- Monitoring and developing student progression
Please apply with your CV sending it to #removed# or contacting Nola on 0207 858 6655 for more information.