You want to be an FD or Head of Finance one day. That's the goal. It's been the goal for years. It's what got you through those days of studying when all of your friends were heading to the pub and you were sat reading about tax and audit.
Right now though, it's more about the stepping stones, what do you need next in your career to get there. What experience, what type of business.
I like this job as it's the next step on the ladder. It's not your dream job yet, but, it's the next step to it. You'll report to a very talented Head of Finance. He'll give you the exposure you need to tick the boxes for that job in the future.
The role is split between the day to day numbers review and the development of the team. The ideal candidate will have covered the breadth of the day to day accounting aspects and perhaps supervised a couple of people if not managed before. It is essential to be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA too.)
- Management and development of a small team of PQ and Clerical Finance
- Production and review of monthly management accounts pack and commentary
- Balance sheet management and review
- Support with the production of annual budgets and forecasts
- Profitability reporting and analysis
- Month end insights and analysis
- Cash flow forecasting and review