COMPANY: BCL LEGAL
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
SALARY: £37000 - £45000 per annum
Corporate Solicitor | NQ - 4 PQE | Strong regional firm regularly competes with the Top Tier | Huddersfield | 20 minutes by train from Leeds | £37,000 - £45,000
This very strong regional firm regularly competes with the Top Tier firms whilst also taking a large percentage of the local market. The firm is renowned for it's culture and fantastic work environment and flexible working arrangements.
· This is an opportunity to join a strong and stable firm in Yorkshire with the chance to get involved with some truly high quality and value work.
· You will be working alongside highly experienced partners as a junior solicitor (NQ - 4 PQE), providing you with great exposure to quality work with the right level of support to enable you to become a talented Commercial Solicitor.
· This will help more junior solicitors to develop your corporate skills much quicker than someone in a larger firm where they are only there to assist the seniors.
· You will be working on a wide variety of corporate work from an early stage including; Acquisitions, disposals, joint ventures and reconstructions/demergers, forms of equity and debt financing, in respect of transactions, shareholders' and partnership issues.
· You will be working for a broad range of clients from AIM & PLC listed firms to SME's and OMB's with a client base spreading as far as London, Denmark, San Francisco and India.
· There are no individual targets or time sheets as the team are encouraged to hit their target collectively which improves the culture within the firm.
· Role can offer genuine opportunities for career progression and quickly, so someone looking for associateship and cant see it happening too quickly in their current firm should really consider applying.
The successful candidate
· This will be an excellent opportunity for a determined junior solicitor who is looking for excellent exposure but in a supportive and close knit team.
· NQ-4 years PQE
· Good academic profile
· Good commercial awareness
· Good communication skills- outgoing & personable
· Ability to work autonomously and also within a wider team
· Excellent salary in line with firms in Manchester and Leeds
· Great quality work with a good work life balance
· Contributory pension scheme and the firm will match up to 5% of employee contribution
· 25 days holidays plus statutory with additional days accruing on length of service
· Season ticket loan available - 20 minutes from Leeds and 30 from Manchester by train.
If you're interested in this role, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us.
If this job isn't quite right, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
For a full list of jobs you can also visit the BCL job search page.
BCL Legal is an equal opportunities employer.