Commercial Retention Executive
Hatfield/Home Based, Competitive Salary, 37.5 hour’s working week, Permanent Position
What is this role of the Commercial Retention Executive?
Liaising with new and existing customers to guarantee the delivery of company targets in line with the company’s Values, Mission Statement and Operating plan. Overseeing and monitoring all commercial aspects of the CTUK ATM estate and ensuring you are operating within the criteria set in your performance objectives. The Commercial Retention Executive is the first point of contact for all commercial, contractual and retentions queries for the customers both internal and external.
What will I be doing as the Commercial Retention Executive?
- Be the main point of contact for new and existing customers on all commercial retention related queries.
- Respond within 24 hours to internal and external queries, ensuring your department is viewed as highly responsive and professional.
- Ensure your mailboxes and those of your direct reports are regularly reviewed.
- Review non corporate Change of Ownerships and terminations to successfully retain within the given timeframes, whilst maximizing contribution.
- Pro-actively manage and report on COOs, Terminations to ensure we are striving for operational excellence and meeting SLAs.
- To ensure all interactions and negotiations with customer are effectively planned and prepared to maximize revenue and contribution.
- To successfully effect the reduction of merchants fees in line with the Operating plan targets.
- To provide all required reporting to the Head of Sales and Retention and Office Retention Manager to accurately reflect the performance of your department.
- To understand all aspects of negotiating ATM contracts and the varying types.
- To understand and implement contractual protection clauses where required.
- To work as 'One’ with all colleagues and aid the relationship between Office Retention and the Territory Management team.
- To understand your department targets and meet them.
- Create, maintain and build strong interdepartmental relationships.
- Become the "go to" person internally for all commercial retention related escalations.
- Adhoc project support as and when necessary to support the Office Retention Manager.
- Regularly check Salesforce to ensure customer data inputted is correct including owner name, telephone numbers, email addresses, contact names, and address details.
The role is not accountable for:
- Commercial Service issues, complaints or disputes.
- Commercial Service reporting.
What Will I Need to Succeed as the Commercial Retention Executive?
- Ability to build good relationships with your team, internally and with customers.
- Ability to negotiate commercial deals.
- Basic understanding of financial data - budgets, P&L etc.
- Ability to analyse data and report on trends and patterns.
- Ability to pull together recommendations for change.
- Strategic and hands on approach.
- Pro-active, "can-do" attitude, resilient and driven.
- Effective communication skills - written and verbal.
- Self -driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit.
- A natural forward planner.
- Target driven with a people and relationship centered approach.
- Possess and be able to demonstrate the company’s core values.
- Understanding of Cardtronics UK key retention obligations.
- A passion for working with people and the ability to quickly build a good rapport.
- Strong organisational, time management and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to proactively suggest new ways of approaching tasks to provide a better service to our customer base.
- Excellent planning and prioritising skills to manage a varied and sometimes pressurised workload.
- Numerate with attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook&basic knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Highly organised with an ability to multi-task.
What are the Personal Attributes needed for the Commercial Retention Executive role?
- Organised and dedicated to delivering success.
- Flexible and approachable with an optimistic outlook as well as a desire to learn and improve.
- Accept a pressurised workload.
- A team player.
What benefits do I Get In Return?
- Competitive Salary.
- 22 days holiday, not including Bank Holidays, this rises to 25 after 5 years’ service.
- Workplace Pension.
- Fantastic Health Shield benefits such as:
- Funding support for dental care, optical care, and physiotherapy sessions.
- Health and wellbeing discounts.
- Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 counselling service.
Who Are We?
We are Cardtronics, the global leader in ATM deployment and management. We've been trusted to provide reliable ATM solutions to businesses throughout the UK, Europe and NA. We employ our substantial scale and innovation advantages to deliver more transactions to every ATM, to enhance consumer convenience across continents, and to enable financial institutions to focus on their customers while we manage their far flung ATM operations. As the world’s largest ATM operator, with more than 20,000 machines across the UK and approximately 230,000, globally, we continue to grow our portfolio into new markets through both organic growth and targeted acquisitions. You will be joining at an incredibly exciting time and the opportunities to progress are defined and achievable.
You may not recognise our name but chances are you will have used our ATMs!!
Before submitting your CV for this role, please ensure you have read our Privacy Notice which can be viewed via the Cardtronics website. The Privacy Notice sets out how Cardtronics will process any information and in particular any personal data that you provide as part of the recruitment and interview process. In applying for this vacancy through the submission of your CV to Cardtronics, you are confirming that you have read the Privacy Notice and are fully aware and comfortable with how we will use your data in the course of the recruitment process.