Medical Ward Manager job/ Nurse Manager job/Senior sister job/charge nurse job
Working hours: This is a full-time role working 37.5hrs per week, Monday to Friday.
Competitive salary dependent upon skills and experience.
We are actively recruiting for a Ward Manager for a leading private hospital based in London.
Working as a Ward Manager on the Medical Ward , you will provide effective leadership, expertise, advice and support to the 13 bedded medical ward, to carry continuous responsibility for the management of the adult general medicine ward, making effective use of resources and ensuring the highest standards of care to patients and their families are achieved on a 24-hour basis and undertake delegated responsibility for the ward in the absence of the Deputy CNO.
Roles and responsibilities
- To be a highly competent, knowledgeable and visible practitioner within the specialty ensuring the provision of excellent, evidence-based nursing care for patients and their families by providing expert clinical assessment, care planning, care delivery, care evaluation and clinical advice in accordance with NMC Code
- To be professionally and legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work, including management and accountability for all nursing staff and patients.
- Working as an autonomous clinical practitioner
- To respond to requests for support from medical and nursing staff with regard to patient care, and the organisation of the ward, patient management and bed management
- Liaise with clinical, non-clinical and facilities staff in order to maintain a safe, friendly and welcoming environment for patients, families, visitors and staff
- To be responsible for the leadership and operational management of the department informing the Deputy CNO of anything that threatens to affect the safety of the environment or to compromise the care of the patients.
- To manage and maximize the use of nursing resources within the agreed budget, including the efficient use of bank and agency staff, authorisation of bank/agency worked hours as appropriate, working closely with the Deputy Chief Nursing Officer (DCNO) and Chief Nursing Officer.
- To be responsible for the day to day organisation of the adult General Medicine team, reporting back to the DCNO where required
- NMC Registered Nurse
- Assessing & Mentoring qualification
- Evidence of ongoing dynamic continuing professional development within the speciality linked to demonstrable clinical competencies
- An understanding of HR Policies and Procedures
- Clinical expert in area of practice
- Contribution pension scheme
- private medical insurance
- annual salary review
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays; with the option to buy and sell.
- Career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- Support with relocation if you are living outside of London; subject to terms and conditions.
If you would like