About The Job
Salary: £23,484 to £25,927 per annum Working Pattern: Full-time (37 hours per week)Contract Length: Permanent Location: County Hall North, Horsham
Are you resilient, adaptable, organised, and able to work in a fast-paced environment? Join our team as an Assessment Officer in our Adult Care Point Team and be part of a strong team of individuals looking to make a difference.
The ACP2 (Adult Care Point 2) are a multi-disciplinary team including Occupational Therapists and Social Workers. The team is the access point to Adult Social Care in West Sussex and their key role is to undertake an initial telephone Care Act (2014) Assessment.
You'll work efficiently and accurately across your work, completing statutory needs assessment with customers who are approaching WSCC for advice, guidance, equipment, technology enabled care, adaptation, care and support.
You will enjoy working with people and possess good communication skills to be able to speak to a range of different customers, carers and families. There will be a need to be resilient as in some circumstances your calls could be distressing, abusive or aggressive due to the nature of the work.
Help us find the right social care, at the right time, for the right person. Apply now.
Experience and Skills
(These will be used as the shortlisting criteria)
- Ability to analyse and interpret information received over the telephone in order to complete an assessment with customers and their families, assessing needs, setting objectives and reviewing progress.
- Ability to engage in partnership with customers and their families, in order to effect positive change.
- Able to manage self; is self-aware and understands the impact of work on self and others, able to respond constructively to situations, balancing competing demands and recognising when to refer upwards and seeking help appropriately.
- Ability to reflect on own practice and to learn from experience. To take responsibility for own performance and to be proactive in relation to own work and professional development.
- Ability to work in a multi-agency environment, responding sensitively and flexibly to diverse groups and customers whilst maintaining confidentiality in order to deliver a service to others
- Sound and accurate IT skills, with the ability to maintain clear, accurate records of all work undertaken and produce records, reports and correspondence for a variety of audiences.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- GCSE English and Maths (C grade or above) or equivalent qualification or experience operating at this level of literacy and numeracy.
- NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Care (or equivalent) or demonstrable equivalent comparable experience - Desirable
- Significant experience of using a range of interventions in working with customers and their families.
- Experience of using assessment planning and reviewing processes.
- Experience of forming effective working relationships within a multi-agency setting.
- Experience of working with customers and their families in crisis or complex situations - Desirable
- Experience of working in a Social Care environment - Desirable
Rewards and Benefits
As an employer we recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive and dynamic working environment where employees can achieve their full potential, achieve a healthy work-life balance and are rewarded for the work they do.
In addition to working within a great team and a competitive salary you will have access to:
- 24 days annual leave + bank holidays with the ability to buy additional leave annually
- Access to a generous, defined benefit pension scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Health and wellbeing benefits including access to our Employee Assistance Programme, Mental Health First Aiders and Voluntary Health Cash Plans
- Discounted membership at selected local sports and fitness centres
- A range of discounts giving our staff access to hundreds of offers with the opportunity to save over £1,000 (Including: Argos, Samsung, ASOS, B&Q and many more)
- Car benefit scheme
- A range of commuting and business travel discounts and initiatives
To apply, upload your CV and complete the application explaining the skills and experience you can bring to the role ensuring that any gaps in employment are covered in your CV. Please ensure you have saved the job description attached to the main advert on our website as, once the job has closed, you may not have the opportunity to download again.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check, 5 years referencing and a health check.
West Sussex County Council is an equal opportunities employer committed to promoting an environment that is inclusive and free from all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination and values the diversity of its people. We actively welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and take every possible step to ensure that no individual will be disadvantaged.