Who are we?
At Menzies Distribution we've been delivering across the UK since 1833 - to and from every high street, as well as reaching the areas others can't. Today, we're Logistics UK's most innovative business of the year. With a strong focus on the future, sustainability and innovation - we keep moving forwards.
About the role: Are you an experienced Despatch Assistant looking for your next opportunity?
We're looking for an experienced Stock Controller to join our team in Avonmouth. Based on a 48 hour week working Monday - Friday (07:00 - 17:00) you'll be supporting an effective operational process, which ensures accurate integrity of the customer/supplier stock and data input.
In addition to a standard salary of £24,240 this role has a holiday allowance of 28 days including bank holidays.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required Plastic shield at work stations
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitisation, disinfection / cleaning procedures in place
What your day will look like:
- Maintenance and management of WMS
- Stock report issues
- Creating an effective working environment building a diverse, well- balanced team.
- Work closely with the site, customer and supplier stock teams, warehouse and related departments, ensuring clarity and consistency in all we do
- Accurate recording
- Daily/weekly/monthly stock takes
- Adherence to customer stock and control procedures
- Wastage reporting
- Checking the checker
- Maintain a safe working environment which complies with all aspects of the company H&S policies
- Operation of MHE
- HACCP awareness
- BRC awareness
- Perpetual inventory
- Pallet control
- Strong system control, ensuring adjustments are fully understood and reported
- Ensure efficient flow of stock throughout the site
- Dealing with customer and supplier stock enquiries
- Ensuring accurate records and complete information capture.
- Maintain and expand relationships with existing suppliers.
- Planning and conducting perpetual inventory counts and stock takes
- Ensuring that staff deal with all stock queries quickly and efficiently
- Preparing and submitting various reports
- Maintain a safe working environment that complies with all aspects of the company's H&S Policy
- Healthshield: free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children;
- Dental, optical, physiotherapy, health screening, 24/7 counselling and more
- Employee perks: discount on trips, hotels, gyms, days out, restaurants, supermarkets and more
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities and development plans
What we need from you:
- 'Right To Work' in the UK
- Knowledge of transport systems.
- Good communication skills are essential with the ability to express empathy with customers
- Excellent written and verbal skills are essential.
- Experience resolving disputes in a fair and calm manner and be able to identify issues, which could potentially become problematic and avoid situations arising.
- Experience of Warehouse Management and Stock Systems
- High lev