Generator/ Diesel Technician (Jackson, MS)
Immediate opening, great starting pay rates, full benefits, and an outstanding career opportunity!
The Generator/ Diesel Technician is responsible for troubleshooting, diagnosing, repairing and completing preventative maintenance on a Fleet of Heavy Duty Trucks, Trailers and Field Service Equipment. This position requires a working knowledge related to diesel engine diagnosis, repairs and maintenance. An understanding of electrical, hydraulics, PM, DOT inspections, PC and some software knowledge is required. We need someone with current experience, who has not been out of the business for more than two years at most!
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-4 pm
- Prepare vehicle records and report both manually and on a computer
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance to medium to heavy duty vehicles
- Perform safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation required
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Inspect and perform work on the under parts of vehicles
- Move parts to and from the job site and remove or install these parts on vehicles
- Interact with clients through both email or phone as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
- Experience working on farming equipment- tractors etc.
- Ability to work with little supervision
- At least 3-5 years experience performing vehicle maintenance or must possess auto or diesel technology diploma from an accredited technical school
- ASE Certifications preferred
- CDL preferred but not required
- Must be able to operate a manual transmission vehicle to determine if operating properly
- Must provide own hand tools & toolbox.
- Knowledge of hand held scan tools and the process of diagnosing vehicles.
- Proficient computer skills: knowledge of Excel, Word, Fleet Management Systems, and Email to send out daily report
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc
About Amerit Fleet Solutions - #removed# Fleet Solutions, a certified DVBE, (Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise) is the largest provider of comprehensive, customizable fleet management solutions for large-scale public and private vehicle fleets. As a single-source fleet management service provider, we offer clients unprecedented economies of scale, bottom-line value, visibility and control, continuous improvement and comprehensive business analysis capabilities.
Role: Generator Mechanic NEEDED
Apply for this job now.