Company: RAYTHEON UK
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Graduate Aerospace Systems Engineer (Graduate Leadership Development Programme) Location: Broughton Start: September 2021 Summary:
The Graduate Aerospace
Engineer will be responsible for the development of aircraft avionics and electrical systems and Modifications to air platforms in support of RSL's Airborne ISR business through the engineering project lifecycle. The successful candidate will be part of the Avionics/Systems Engineering team and report to their respective Systems Engineering Lead.
The successful candidate will also be part of a rapidly Airborne ISR Team which delivers aviation engineering expertise across a wide range of projects to both military and civil customers worldwide.
You will gain an immersive experience across a large number of areas from understanding the aircrafts' operational and maintenance needs, whilst supporting the aircraft build and testing stages, to engagement with both Suppliers and senior Stakeholders. You will work closely with leading engineering specialists providing unique solutions to real time complex problems. Main Duties:
The role offers an exciting challenge in supporting RSL's Airborne ISR programmes with responsibilities for:
- Working closely to the aircraft whilst developing engineering solutions across a wide range of technologies.
- Developing design solutions to meet new and existing Customer requirements using a Systems Engineering approach. Working with Customers to fully understand their requirements.
- Developing aircraft modifications to introduce new & upgraded avionic and electrical systems, communication systems and unique capability enhancements in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Working through the full Systems Engineering 'V' lifecycle. Being responsible for the specification and design of systems through to integrating and testing them on aircraft.
- Working in a dynamic engineering environment on multiple projects and systems, supported by highly experienced Engineers assisting your professional development.
- Analysis of Electrical and Avionics design issues, determination of actions and solutions.
- Liaison with equipment OEM's in order to specify equipment for use within RSL's airborne design solutions.
- Support to formal internal and external customer reviews
"I was initially worried about my level of experience and knowledge of aircraft/avionic systems prior to joining the team, but since I joined the team they have been really helpful in developing my understanding using their expertise and guidance. I have been able to pick up various tasks and work packages which have allowed me to gain valuable insight into the requirements for the whole platform and its mission systems. Additionally the Graduate Scheme has given me the tools and techniques to help integrate myself into the business and understand my role and impact within the team. Responding to changing priorities and the variety of systems I get to work on are probably the two key things that I enjoy the most in my current role.".
Laura, Graduate Systems Engineer 2018.
"I have been on the Graduate Scheme for a year now and Raytheon really has accelerated my career in the right direction. Raytheon places importance in the people behind the solution and how we get to it, not only the solution itself. I have been given the opportunities to provide ideas/solutions to challenges I never thought I'd face this early on in my career, but working in a team with specialists holding a diverse skillset; sharing their knowledge and experiences has proved to be rewarding. It really is a career in engineering and not just a job."
Sanaa, Graduate Systems Engineer 2019. Candidate Requirements: Essential:
- 2:1 degree in Aerospace Systems or Aeronautical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic or Systems Engineering discipline with an aerospace specialism.
- 120 UCAS points or equivalent.
- A good understanding of Systems Engineering principles and how it applies to the aircraft development lifecycle.
- An able communicator in verbal, written and presentational forms.
- A logical problem solver who can operate effectively under stretching project constraints.
- Able to manage and work within agreed timescales.
- Able to use initiative to improve team process and performance.
- Ability to relocate to different UK sites.
- Successful candidates will need to complete a security clearance application
About Raytheon UK
- Experience in Aircraft Avionics and Electrical Systems.
- Understanding of aircraft certification basis and System Safety.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows based software.
- Flexibility to travel within UK and abroad to support meetings.
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester with presence across other customer sites also. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs 1,700 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the U.K. Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Standard Benefits:
Raytheon Application Process
- £28,000 starting salary, plus twice yearly pay reviews for the first 2 years, plus £2,500 joining bonus
- 25 days holiday + statutory public holidays
- Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution)
- 6 times salary 'Life Assurance'
- Flexible Benefits scheme with extensive salary sacrifice scheme's.
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Enhanced Family Friendly Policies, including enhanced Maternity & Shared Parental leave.
- 37hr working week, (working either a half day Friday or a 9 day fortnight with every other Friday off (for those located at Broughton). Note hours may vary depending on job requirement or site specifics arrangements.
To apply visit the Raytheon Technologies Global website #
and search by location or Req ID: 167254BR. Candidates need to upload a CV, cover letter and recent academic transcript or degree certificate.
Raytheon Technologies is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Role: We’re building a sustainable future.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Stockbridge, England, England
Apply for this job now.