Job Title: Web Developer Intern
Location: 14762 Bentley Cir, Tustin, CA 92780
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Summary/Contribution of Position:
Web Developers are responsible for building, expanding, and maintaining e-commerce websites for Zymo Research and affiliates. Web Developers at Zymo Research are expected to learn and follow team best-practices including use of revision control, ticketing, and documentation systems. The abilities to work highly productively in the context of a team of developers at varying skill levels, and to adapt to rapidly arising projects and business needs are expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Building, expanding, and maintaining e-commerce websites for Zymo Research and affiliates
- Content updates and edits in response to business stakeholder requests
- Routine website maintenance tasks
- Follow development best-practices by using team systems for source control, ticketing, and documentation
- Participate with and contribute to DevOps practices
Education and Experience:
· Have or in process of obtaining a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
· Past experience creating websites, especially on the front-end stack (HTML, CSS, JS)
· Familiar with Linux operating systems and adept at using the command line and SSH
· Ability to simultaneously manage and execute multiple projects
· Willingness to follow best-practices for code/system documentation and revision control
· Preferred: Additional basic to intermediate knowledge of web back-end development using PHP, the Magento 2 e-commerce platform, and SQL databases
Larry Jia, M.D., founded Zymo Research Corporation in 1994. With humble beginnings, he started manufacturing the first DNA/RNA extraction and purification products for E. coli and yeast out of a garage in Orange, California. Today, Zymo Research is a multi-million dollar company with its headquarters based in Irvine, California. In addition to its California headquarters, Zymo Research has two international branches located in Freiburg, Germany and Beijing, China. The company's DNA and RNA extraction kits are used mainly by academic and biopharmaceutical scientists, who need to isolate and purify DNA/RNA from tissue, blood or serum samples. Zymo Research is also known for its epigenetics line of products used in DNA methylation detection and quantitation. They carved out a niche in this market by being an early adopter in the field of epigenetics and by offering a high-quality product. They are considered the leader in this market space. One of the keys to Zymo's success in the past 22 years has been their ability to listen to their customers and react quickly. Their tagline "The Beauty of Science is to Make Things Simple" is a mantra that is reflected in every one of their products. From epigenetics to RNA/DNA isolation, each product is designed to be both simple in use and robust in its performance.
Inside Zymo Research
Zymo Research's core beliefs are based on innovation, quality, and customer service. These three paradigms are ingrained in their company culture. They believe their products are the most reliable and uphold to the highest standards of quality in the industry as evidenced by their ISO 9001 certification. They have also received Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Award for Leadership in Epigenetics Product Quality.
To provide the most reliable, innovative, and valuable biomedical tools and services to our customers through research and strategic development.
To have a positive impact in the biomedical field and to contribute to the greater good of humanity.
" Treat others as you would like to be treated " . We strongly believe this principle dictates teamwork and open communication.
Role: Web Development Intern
Apply for this job now.