Business Group HighlightsCivilian, State and Local
Perspecta's Civilian, State and Local segment partners with the U.S. Federal Civilian State and Local governments to provide infrastructure services, business solutions, and digital transformation services that help them achieve policy objectives and integrate citizen-centric services. Responsibilities
Perspecta has an immediate need for aCyber-Intelligence Analyst
in Alexandria, VA.
A System Admin background is required; a strong understanding of technology stack; great communication and troubleshooting skills with excellent ability to perform in high pressure situations. Primarily responsible for Tier II monitoring of infrastructure components like server platforms, network devices, system applications and database servers. Timely review of alerts, notifications and assessment of the situation to possible escalation and action to be taken by the responsible support team(s).
Lead operations calls in incident response scenarios; identify the gaps in monitoring/alerting and provide solutions for them. Creation of High level and detailed reporting for executives and management consumption.QualificationsRequired:
A BS Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or relevant work experience of 8-10 years, or 6-8 years with MS or 3-5 years with Ph.D.
Technical Requirements (required and desired):
- Provide technical and coordination support on system outages and/or interruptions that may arise during assigned shift.
- Work collaboratively with Firewall team to integrate security solutions into the Enterprise architecture.
- Build effective relationships with key stakeholders who own and support USPTO IT architecture, infrastructure, applications, processes and operations.
- Define, document and support systems, policies and procedures.
- Perform enterprise level technical investigation, executive level communication and resolution tracking.
- Ability to identify and undertake necessary steps to minimize the impact of unanticipated events and investigate all irregularities as needed.
- Support an enterprise environment with more than 10,000 nodes being monitored.
- Prepare and maintain documents pertaining to NOC/SOC Operations Services.
- Ability to work in shifts to support a 24x7 operational environment, 365 days is required.
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience, working in Network/Security.
- Operations Center or working in a NOC/SOC setting and operability with variety of Enterprise tools to monitor an Enterprise environment with more than 10,000 nodes.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts and project information clearly and concisely to executive staff including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills required and must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled technical writer with experience working and coordinating with multiple disparate groups for documentation of technical information.
- Must be a highly-motivated detail-oriented, self-starter with ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team. Require ability to manage complex projects from start to finish.
- Monitor and analyze logs and alerts from a variety of tools (QRadar, HP OpenView, etc.). Collect and analyze data obtained by the USPTO's Security tools.
- Meet time sensitive requirements and SLA/OLA.
• Ability to document daily and weekly reports.
- System Administration experience highly desirable.
- ITIL and Project Management experience desirable.
This position requires United States Citizenship and eligibility toobtain aSecretclearance.About Perspecta
- Experience with one or more: Monitoring, Event Tuning, Windows Server, Linux/Unix Server and Red Hat Virtualization Environment.
- Experience with HP Operations Manager or similar network monitoring systems required.
- Experience working with SIEM tools such as QRadar required.
- Experience with Incident response / remediation as well as with incident analysis.
- System Administration experience with Linux, Windows or Major Database platform.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills required.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI model.
- Solid knowledge of identified operating system platforms, routers/switches, network protocols and network infrastructure.
- Experience with network commands and tools such as Traceroute, Nslookup, TCPDump, and Wireshark.
- Familiarity with Remedy ticketing system.
- Relevant industry standard certifications preferred (ITIL, Network +, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CEH, CCDP, RHCA, or RHCE).
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector-from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.OptionsApply for this job onlineApplyShareEmail this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeedAs a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c) - provided by Dice