Company: BERN'S STEAK HOUSE
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Our managers are responsible for overseeing all facets of daily operations in the front of the house. These responsibilities include but are not limited to product presentation, guest experience and the guidance and support of wait staff, bartenders, runners and hosts. Most importantly the candidate must have a passion for hospitality and a drive to increase their beverage knowledge in every aspect of this position.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assist all employees and determine how to best utilize staff for each shift.
- Manage all employees to maintain highest quality standards through hands-on leadership.
- Assist in all facets of staff hiring, development, counseling, promotion, discipline.
- Promote proper safety and sanitary practices while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ensure compliance with operational standards and company policies as well as federal, state and local liquor laws.
- Actively participate and communicate as a member of the management team.
- Respond to guest comments and complaints and seek every opportunity to build a lasting guest experience while educating and empowering others to act in a similar capacity.
- Set excellent guest service standards and work ethic examples.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the beverage program including ingredients and preparation.
- Counting Inventories.
- Establishing beverage related product pars.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2 years of previous dining experience with a beverage related background.
- Strong and stable work history.
- Work in a fast paced environment while maintaining and projecting professionalism, internally and externally, at all times.
- Ability to manage multiple employees, and multiple bars that run different programs.
- Experienced in creating and costing of a beverage program.
- Lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Proficient wine and spirits knowledge base.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, late nights and holidays.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Basic computer proficiency including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with OpenTable, Uber Eats, GoTab, and Pinnacle/PosiTouch point of sale are helpful.
- Knowledge of local Vendors, and Distributors is a plus.
- POSitouch (Pinnacle) point of sale background and Gmail experience helpful.
Benefits and Perks
- Full Time employees are eligible for Aflac, health, dental and vision insurance after 90 days with employer contributions based on tenure
- 401K retirement option and paid vacation available after one year of tenure
- 100% employee education reimbursement program for classes and certifications related to the culinary, spirits, beer, wine and hospitality management fields
- "Family First" corporate discount at most of our locations
- Continued education through management training courses
- Educational travel related to wine and spirits for some positions
Powered by JazzHR