The Purchasing and Warehouse Associate is responsible for procurement, receiving, shipping, and safeguarding of assets for a 5,000 sq. ft. warehouse shared by two related companies. This role is responsible for issuing po's, and following all purchasing processes related to po’s, item receipts, and inventory adjustments. This position also supports the maintenance of the physical condition of the warehouse through general upkeep, inspection of equipment, issuance of work orders for repair, and creation of requisitions for replacement.
The Purchasing and Warehouse Associate reports to the Senior Director of Operations for LSS Holdings.
· Evaluate suppliers to achieve cost-effective deals and maintain trust relationships.
· Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms
· Finalize purchase details of orders and deliveries
· Examine and test existing contracts
· Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
· Ensure material handling, labeling, storage, and disposal complies with safety requirements and company policies.
· Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
· Coordinates load lists for technician vehicles, verifying assets are tagged and checked out.
· Routinely inspect equipment and tag for repair; maintain repair log and make recommendations for replacement.
· Support the maintenance of the warehouse appearance and organization through general cleaning and upkeep, assessing layout for space optimization, verifying racking and storage devices are in good condition, and bin locations are updated and correctly labeled.
· Create purchase orders to replenish stock, avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
· Set reorder points and standard order quantities based on usage, lead time, and discounts.
· Verify POs, quantity, and conformity of goods upon receiving and resolve discrepant material with the vendor.
· Assume responsibility for outbound inventory by consolidating shipments and assessing most cost-effective and timely method of delivery.
· Update inventory system and non-stock database on a daily basis. This includes drop shipped items, items on technician vehicles, and storage units (if applicable).
· Facilitate weekly cycle counts and yearly inventory; perform root cause analysis on variances and provide solutions.
· Collaborate with leads, technicians and other staff to ensure business goals are met. Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
· Supervise Warehouse Assistant
· Proven experience in a similar position, with at least 2 years’ experience.
· Adept in computer use and learning new software programs
· Proficient in inventory software and Excel
· Familiar with modern warehouse practices and methods
· Excellent organizational and planning skills
· Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work independently and efficiently
· Regularly lift and move objects 10-50lbs, and frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
· Healthcare, Dental and Vision Insurance available
· Paid Time Off - Holidays, sick and vacation
· Life Insurance
LSS Life Safety Services® specializes in the inspection, installation and repair of fire and smoke dampers, fire doors and fire barrier management services in commercial facilities across the United States. Considered a leader in the fire safety industry, LSS Life Safety Services® is committed to providing commercial facilities with fire protection inspections of the highest quality to ensure compliance with NFPAs critical Life Safety Code®.
LSS Life Safety Services is among the fastest growing companies in the industry. Much of this success is attributed to our employees, who strive to demonstrate five core values every day: Dependable, Pride & Ownership of Work, Accountable, Problem Solving and Empathy & Respect. If you share these five values, join our team.
Role: Purchasing and Warehouse Associate
Apply for this job now.