Construction Project Engineer
Location(s): Greer, SC
A Full-Service Integration Firm in the Greer, SC area is looking for an experienced mid-level Construction Project Engineer with strong Project Management experience to join their team in their Greer, SC office.
The mid-level Construction Project Engineer will be responsible for managing a team of field service leads and automation specialists. The candidate will be managing several onsite installation projects simultaneously, nationwide (including startup & commissioning). This position will require scheduling and overseeing resources and work tasks of the install team and electrical contractors; managing schedule, budget, requisitioning of materials for assigned projects; interfacing with clients during assigned projects; ensuring that all field personnel, including but not limited to, engineers, automation specialists, installation technicians, are working according to company and client safety standards; managing internal construction plans for building additions/build outs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of installation team, providing daily feedback and annual reviews
- Assigning resources to projects
- Works with PM to develop and maintain budget, schedule and resources
- Managing demo and install of electrical equipment based on blue prints or schematics
- Manage and perform cable tray installation, bend & run conduit, pull/run wires, terminations, and communicate project status to Project Managers
- Work directly with engineers to provide start-up support and train the plant personnel
- Work with PM’s to source, interview and vet subcontractors
- Schedule, manage and direct subcontractors in the field
- Conduct regular team meetings
- Create BOM, order materials and track status
- Lead team members with testing and commissioning of completed panels
- Review and provide feedback on completed field documentation, toolbox talk, JSA’s and field notebook of direct reports
- Represent team at client meetings
- Remains current and keeps company compliant on all relevant OSHA standards and other industry standards such as NFPA 70e
- Establish procedures for conducting Job Safety Analysis and audits periodically for compliance
- Conduct or train personnel on tool box talk expectations
- Ensure all personnel have proper PPE and equipment to conduct their tasks safely
- Provide recommendation for additional PPE or facility safety items
- Investigate any work-related injuries (near miss, first aid or accidents)
- Research, track and maintain client safety training requirements
- Review client contractor guidelines and communicate and verify compliance
- Provide assistance in the field when necessary, especially reviewing job sites and establishing safety protocol.
- Interfaces with sub-contractors as it relates to safety
- Assist Corporate Safety Officer in maintaining documentation
- Interface with HR for maintenance of training records
- Provide necessary safety reports to clients as requested, such as monthly safety statistics
- Training new hires on client safety rules and regulations; provide new hires with necessary safety gear for role.
- Additional tasks as assigned by the Corporate Safety Officer
- Manage and direct subcontractors in the field
- Master Electrician License
- HS diploma, GED, AS, BS or equivalent years of experience
- Working knowledge of NEC codes, NFPA 79
- Experience with wire termination and other high-risk electrical work
- Familiar with reading blue prints and schematics
- 5+ years of electrical experience
- Ability to lead a team of 10+ employees and subcontractors
- Ability to work on a job site with no assistance from PM
- Project management experience, including budget, schedule and resource
- 5+ years’ experience managing field construction safety
- 5+ years OSHA experience & other site safety regulations
- Advanced knowledge of the construction industry, risk management and field operations
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with safety documentation
- Current SC General Contractor License
- CCM certification
- BS in construction management or engineering related field
- PMP Certification
- Experience with checkout and startup of systems
- Travel 50%
- Must be willing and able to work holidays, weekends and extended hours, as required for shutdowns
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Client will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. The background screening is a requirement of our clients and therefore a business necessity.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Client offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision; HSA; LT & ST Disability; 401(k); Paid Holidays & Vacation.
Client is an equal opportunity employer.
The Raphah Company is a Recruiting and Staffing Firm providing Professional Industrial Talent for the Manufacturing and Engineering Client.
Role: Construction Project Engineer
Apply for this job now.