Mechanical Design Manager
One of our main clients has an urgent requirement for a Mechanical Design Manager be based out of their facility in Preston on a permanent basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a large engineering company who can provide exceptional progression opportunities.
As Mechanical Design Manager your role will entail design tasks, project management interaction, tendering tasks, quality compliance, health & safety and continual improvement.
The Design Manager has similar responsibilities to a Senior Design Engineer, but with additional responsibilities focused on line management of a team of engineers.
The Design Manager reports to and works closely with the Engineering Manager to maximise productivity and quality, develop staff and improve processes.
My client would be keen to speak to candidates with the following expertise:
- Has been responsible for a variety of diverse projects or activities ranging in both size and complexity
- Previous experience in a Technically Responsible Person role essential
- An ability and desire to support, motivate and develop others
- Sufficient knowledge, interpersonal skills and communication skills to attract respect and exert influence within his or her assigned group of staff
- Proven organisational, administrative, and planning abilities
- Commercially and delivery-focused
- Experience or familiarity with continual improvement methodologies
- Degree / HND / Higher Apprenticeship in a related discipline
- Chartered Engineer (CEng)