The inventory control coordinator position manages inventory through database, exercises control of all inventory items purchased and produced and maintain levels required on a daily basis to meet distribution demands.. Compiles inventory information such as consumption rate, characteristics, value, and stock on hand to determine stock supply and need for replenishment. Monitors inventory levels to determine level of safety stock and provides notification to supervisor or manager. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enter data for quantities of parts issued and transferred between locations, inventory and cycle count adjustments, into computer database.
- Close shop packets received and purge computer database.
- Receive and issue finished goods into computer database.
- Troubleshoot quantity discrepancies with manufacturing and inspection personnel.
- Record and monitor all items with shelf-life daily and notify appropriate personnel when material has expired.
- Prepare monthly reports for cycle count and pick-lists count for monthly highlights.
- Prepare and participate in yearly physical inventory.
- Counting/ Mathematically Proficient.
- Technical Capacity.
- Organizational Skills.
- Decision Making.
This job operates in a professional warehouse environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, as well as warehouse machinery including forklifts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. with expected weekend and overtime hours as needed.
Local travel between the company's 2 locations is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
Training in general safety, workplace harassment prevention, foreign object damage awareness, quality system awareness.
- High school diploma with focus on business/computer curriculum.
- Minimum of one year of inventory control experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Some supervisory or team lead experience.
FSI is a 3rd party logistics company specializing in e-commerce, B2B and promotional fulfillment program support. Companies that sell on-line, place their merchandise into retail stores or support a large sales force or dealer/distributor network store their merchandise at FSI and we distribute their merchandise to market on an order by order basis. FSI also manages large kit assembly projects to support marketing and event promotions/campaigns.
Role: Inventory Control Clerk
Apply for this job now.