Job Summary: Responsible for coordinating all inbound and outbound shipping activities to support manufacturing operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Work with production and customer service to schedule all orders for delivery and customer pick up.
· Maintains a high level of communication with customers, sales, production, and shipping departments as necessary.
· Monitor sales orders to make sure information is up to date, taking special care with job site deliveries to ensure that the proper address and delivery times are correct.
· Understand and use ERP system to monitor current and future shipping schedules.
· Load to maximize product yield on trailers.
· Determine most cost effective way to ship freight.
· Adjust shipping documents as needed.
· Verify ship to address is correct.
· Schedules in house deliveries and coordinates with external freight and logistics companies.
· Coordinates maintenance and repair of company owned trucks and trailers.
· Inspect all incoming freight bills to verify that they are correct.
· Understand and learn DOT regulations that pertain to shipping.
· Monitors time reporting for drivers.
· Schedules drivers’ requests for time-off.
· Verifies correctness of drivers’ DOT HOS logs.
· Recognize and adhere to best practices for safety.
· Performs any other functions and responsibilities as assigned.
· May direct truck drivers and dedicated material handler fork lift drivers.
· Does not have the authority to hire or fire.
Role: Logistics Coordinator
Location: Kansas City,
Apply for this job now.