Intervention Tutors - PECs Trained
Full or part time
January 2021 start
Supply desk is pleased to be working with a good rated school in the Aylesbury area that prides itself on providing a nurturing and inclusive environment for children allowing for them to succeed to the best of their ability no matter what challenges they may face. The school needs support with catch up for its KS2 and KS1 pupils, due to the missed learning time during lockdown. The school has excellent facilities and access to a range of resources to provide a rich and stimulating environment for the children.
This is a chance to diversify your own career and move into an incredibly rewarding role helping students reach their full potential through reading, writing and numeracy support. Applicants should have a passion for teaching, those who are graduates or fully qualified teachers in main stream or special needs schools are welcomed to apply. You will be responsible for working with children and supporting their needs as part of a team of dedicated tutors, alongside a teacher in a rich and stimulating environment. We are looking for someone with proficient use in the Picture Exchange Communication System, or PECS, to allow children with little or no communication abilities to progress and feel confident.
The role will require the following responsibilities;
- Supporting SEN students with reading, writing and numeracy, some of which may have communication issues.
- Providing students a positive learning atmosphere
- Managing challenging behaviour in support of the class teacher
- Collaborating with the teacher and assisting with creating and delivering activities
- Recording students' progress and feeding back to the teacher
- Tutoring on a 1:1 or small group basis
The ideal candidate will have /be;
- Previous experience with SEN or a want to work with children with SEN
- Good knowledge of SEN and passion to develop
- Able to manage challenging behaviour
- Able to commit to working fixed days - full or part time and to commute to the Aylesbury area
- Has a clear and valid DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- Have PECs training to support students with communication difficulties
If you would like to hear more about this exciting opportunity, then please give Matt a call on 01296 752 499/01923 295 303 or email your up to date CV to #removed#
Supply Desk is working in partnership with several Local Authorities and represent a host of opportunities in the borough of Buckinghamshire. In addition to top rates of pay, and a commitment to your professional development, we can offer you a pension contribution scheme and a dedicated consultant to support you every step of the way.
Due to the overwhelming response to online advertising, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Supply Desk offer a £100 'Golden Hello' for anyone who introduces a teacher/teaching assistant. Get in touch for further details.
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.