2 X Field Service Engineers
£25,000 to £40,000 dependant on experience
Car/Van, Laptop. Mobile, Company Credit Card and 26 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Location 1 - South Wales and some of South West England
Location 2 - Midlands
This is an excellent opportunity for a Service Engineer or someone looking to move into a Mechanical Servicing Filed position. Our client provide service and maintenance support for various packaging machinery installed at customer locations within the United Kingdom. Due to customer growth they are keen to hire 2 x Service Engineers - One to cover mainly South Wales and the other to cover the Midlands.
To undertake both preventative breakdown servicing and/or repairs to the following:
- Pneumatic and battery-operated hand banding tools
- Semi-automatic & fully-automatic strapping machines
- Semi-automatic pallet wrapping machines
- Semi-automatic carton sealing machines
- Semi-automatic case forming machines
- Manual activities - Lifting/manoeuvring tools & equipment, locating tools on customer sites and repair bays
- To respond to customer demands and needs by providing service and technical support to customers as directed by the relevant Business Service Manager and/or Service Co-ordinator.
- To plan, manage and ensure the efficient use of their working time.
- To prepare and maintain all documentation relative to service activities undertaken, ie: Report sheets, RAMS etc, as these are necessary to facilitate the costing and invoicing of work completed.
- Documentation to be forwarded to the service desk at the end of each working day via the App.
which will be installed on the company provided mobile phone.
- To liaise with customers and assist as necessary in the resolution of technical queries.
- To carry out customer training as and when required.
- A recognised apprenticeship leading to an ONC or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering is essential.
- Experience in a workshop environment - using general workshop tools & equipment
- pneumatic and/or electrical skills are an advantage
- A good understanding of all relevant Health & Safety Regulations is essential.
- A current full driving licence is essential.
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Company vehicle (personal use requires fuel reimbursement)
- Company credit card
- Company pension scheme
- Holiday entitlement is 26 days plus 8 statutory holidays
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explaining how we will use your information is available on our website.