· Planning and executing educational programs of age appropriate activities for children in care and identifying each child’s individual capabilities and needs.
· Creating a learning environment.
· Assuring the welfare, health, and safety of the children in the groups.
· Organizing and maintain classroom activity areas, materials, and supplies.
· Keeping the director advised of equipment and material that need to be repaired or replaced.
· Taking daily attendance and keeping all required reports pertaining to group.
· Training and making most constructive use of teacher aide ( where applicable)
· Establishing and maintain effective communication with parents.
Building good communication with other staff to create a professional work environment.
· Attending pre-service and in-service training as required.
· Understanding NC Child Care Requirements.
Keeping the director informed of any classroom problems
Apply for this job now.