Company Secretary - The Office of the Corporate Secretary
One or our large Financial clients is currently looking for an experienced - Company Secretary, will ideally need to be ICSA qualified or a law degree
As Company Secretary, you will be part of the EMEA Office of the Corporate Secretary with responsibility for ensuring that our UK Bank, The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited (the "UK Bank") and its committees (the Audit Committee, the Risk Committee, the Nomination Committee, the Executive Committee and the Depositary Advisory Council) comply with UK statutory/regulatory/governance requirements.
The Company Secretary will also play a key role in various EMEA wide governance initiatives.
The position holder will report to the Head of the EMEA Office of the Corporate Secretary.
Company Secretarial Work
- Managing and taking responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive company secretarial and governance service to the UK Bank, advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and functional leads on a wide range of company law, regulatory and governance issues.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and ensuring that the UK Bank is compliant with applicable laws/regulations.
- Maintaining and updating the statutory records, ensuring the timely filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns.
- Assisting in reviewing, negotiating and approving for execution documentation such as powers of attorney and letters of representation.
- Maintaining and updating bank mandates and authorised signatory lists as required.
- Collaborating with members of the Office of the Corporate Secretary to ensure that information is shared in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained at all times.
Supporting Boards & Committees
- Organising and being responsible for Board and Committee meetings, including preparing agendas, collating and circulating Board/Committee papers and preparing minutes for all Boards and Committee meetings as required.
- Supporting the Chairman and the CEO in ensuring the Board and its Committees function efficiently and effectively.
- Ensuring good information flows within the Board and its Committees.
- Assisting in initiatives around enhancing the quality of the Board/Committee materials and educating the producers of materials in how to write and deliver quality reports.
- Providing guidance, and being a strategic adviser, to the directors and management on the Companies Act 2006 and other relevant corporate governance requirements, and playing an active role in the meetings.
- Ensuring the appropriate adherence by the Board and its Committees to the Articles and relevant Terms of Reference, and maintaining and updating them as appropriate.
- Establishing a good working relationship with the UK Bank's independent non-executive directors ("INEDs") and providing them with the appropriate level of support and guidance.
Providing company secretarial assistance in respect of corporate restructurings and M&A projects impacting the UK Bank and its subsidiaries.
- Partnering with Regional Management on EMEA governance projects and helping to manage and implement key strategic decisions.
Role: Company Secretary
Job Type: Contractor
Location: London, London, South East England
Apply for this job now.