Butterball Farms, Inc. is a world-class food manufacturer on a mission to Enrich Lives and has been recognized as a West Michigan and National Best and Brightest company to work for three years running. With over 60 years in the industry Butterball Farms, Inc. is proud to give back to our employees, communities and neighbors. We imagine butter differently, have a highly recognizable client list and are known by our customers for our innovation, reliability, responsiveness, and our value-add approach to business. Our amazing culture is recognized globally. We are financially sound, rapidly growing and poised for continued success.
This position is responsible for maintaining and improving the productivity and work quality of the Maintenance Department by anticipating and eliminating potential delays through planning, scheduling and coordination of manpower, parts and materials, and equipment access. Improving reliability through precision maintenance practices.
Essential responsibilities will include:
· Directing the daily activities of an 14-member, 3 shift maintenance team, including 1 building maintenance technician and 2 image keepers
· Operational data analysis Using Redzone OEE based production tracking software
· Developing, implementing, reviewing, updating and improving equipment records in the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), including: entering work orders; entering existing and new equipment; organizing the hierarchy of the equipment; update equipment change outs; closing completed work orders; entering safety documents and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) that will be linked to the work orders; create and maintain maintenance spare parts inventory.
· Value-added preventive maintenance tasks. Effective utilization of predictive and other non-destructive testing methodologies designed to identify and isolate inherent reliability problems
· Providing input to a risk management plan that will anticipate reliability-related and non-reliability-related risks that could adversely impact plant operations.
· Coordinating, arranging and supervising the completion of corrective and preventive and predictive maintenance (PM,PdM) in accordance with company safety procedures and integrating these PMs into the daily plans of the plant.
· Organizing, determining, leading, and coordinating projects from initiation to completion, including scheduling.
· Assuring that major equipment, utilities, facilities and furnishings are maintained in a safe, operable condition.
· Working with all departments to schedule projects and/or develop project scope.
· Communicating directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
· Evaluating long-term needs in relation to major projects and property improvements, and making recommendations to Management.
· Establishing procedures and policies for spare part control to ensure availability to critical spares to support operational efficiency, while being sensitive to working capital considerations.
· Arranging or providing training for personnel as it relates to the safety and maintenance needs of the facilities.
· Adhering to all safety policies. Participating in complex-wide safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement programs (Operational Excellence, Lean Manufacturing, etc.).
· Ensuring that high standards of safety are developed, communicated and met within the department. Create an atmosphere of personal accountability.
· Working with engineering to develop solutions to repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues. To fulfill this responsibility, the reliability engineer applies:
· Data analysis techniques that can include:
o Statistical process control
o Reliability modeling and prediction
o Fault tree analysis
o Six Sigma (6σ) methodology
o Root cause analysis (RCA) and root cause failure analysis (RCFA)
o Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FEMA)
· Tracking, analyzing and improving key maintenance parameters such as asset utilization, maintenance cost, PM compliance, % planned WOs vs % unplanned, schedule compliance, etc.
· Maintaining safety, health and environmental policies and procedures.
· Ensuring city, county, state and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
· Directing, maintaining and enforcing the safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians
· Following all safety guidelines and precautions
· Utilizing designated Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
· Advanced computer skills, with emphasis on CMMS and Production System Software
BBF is a family owned company with about 150 employees we’ve been in business 62 years. We produce unique butter products including logo and flavored butter. We’ve been honored as a best & brightest company to work for in West Michigan and in the nation. Our purpose is to enrich lives by serving others. Our mission is to inspire each other to continually develop in order to live fulfilling lives, we do this for each other.
Role: Maintenance Manager
Location: Grand Rapids,
Apply for this job now.