An inventory specialist oversees inventory control by keeping track of all products and supplies. The job description of an inventory specialist requires a proficiency in the use of inventory software, detailed knowledge of the range of a company’s products, and a strong attention to detail. Due to contracting requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
An inventory specialist maintains records of all inventory, produces inventory reports for the production manager on a regular basis, ensures that sales records and actual inventory match up, and keeps all stock organized and replenished as necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of an Inventory Specialist
• Counts all products and supplies.
• Analyzes sales records and compares them to physical inventory.
• Reports any discrepancies to inventory manager or production manager.
• Maintains cleanliness and organization of the stockroom.
• Packs up defective items for return, creates shipping labels, and mails items.
• Uses computerized inventory software to record, track, and maintain all inventory related data.
• Accepts and signs for deliveries.
• Unloads deliveries and stores them appropriately in the stockroom.
• Adjusts inventory reports to account for new deliveries.
• Ensures that all stock is organized, properly stored, and in good condition.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Demonstrates proficiency in the use of inventory software.
• Possesses specific knowledge of company’s range of products and services.
• Exhibits ability to interpret and explain inventory reports.
• Possesses physical strength necessary to unload and restock supplies.
• Pays close attention to detail.
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Exhibits ability to think creatively in order to devise best inventory control practices.
• Possesses a keen eye for organization.
• Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills.
• Works well with a team.
Additional Knowledge and Experience
• Prior experience with Commercial Asset Visibility Air Force (CAV AF) system is an asset but not
Role: Inventory Control Specialist
Location: Las Cruces,
Apply for this job now.