An opportunity has arisen to join a growing organisation in the renewable energy sector. Led by a dynamic and driven team, they are looking for a Group Finance Lead to manage a small finance department of 3 and be responsible for group-level finance and accounting.
To be considered for this role you will be:
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or similar)
- Work experience in group accountancy
- Work experience in accounts preparation for small- or medium-sized companies
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS/IAS is highly advantageous
- Advanced excel and analytical skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and HR skills
- Experience in a multi-jurisdictional finance function
Responsibilities will include:
- Business partnering with our investor's finance personnel and advisors, and other international development partners to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Analysis of jurisdiction- and group-level budgets and cash flow forecasts, to include reporting and presentation to the Directors.
- Managing cash flow, including preparation of external or intercompany loan drawdown requests where required.
- Continuously developing and improving financial controls, systems & processes across the group.
- Ownership of the year-end audit process, and liaison with the auditors.
- Reporting and management of group-level financial risks
- Partnering with tax advisors in relation to matters of tax accounting, group relief, transfer pricing and tax optimisation
- Oversight of individual company financial statements.
- Ensuring strict adherence to compliance and relevant legislation, especially in relation to intercompany loans, recharge of direct and indirect costs to project SPVs, etc.
- Ad-hoc project-level accounting where required.
- Line management and personal development of finance team members (currently three personnel)