COMPANY: PWS TECHNICAL SERVICES (UK) LTD
JOB TYPE: Permanent
SALARY: From £35,000 to £40,000 per annum plus benefits package
Due to continued and sustained growth in the UK, a significant increase in workload and a portfolio diversification of service offering, our client is now looking to recruit a Lead Drilling Engineer (Cable Percussion).
Reporting to the Contracts Manager, you will be nominally based from the Southern head offices, and joining an experienced and enthusiastic team of staff delivering geotechnical and site / ground investigation services to a wide ranging client base across the UK.
Additionally, you will be required to analyse your findings and convey this information into well documented factual and interpretative reports, both for the company’s in house pre-contracts and project teams, and externally to their Clients and other stakeholders.
The Lead Drilling Engineer will primarily be responsible for safely setting up and advancing cable percussion boreholes, carry out in-situ testing, installing monitoring wells and backfilling boreholes in accordance with the specification provided by the Client.
• Comply to all company and site specific HSEQ policies at all times
• Responsible for crews, site operatives and sub-contractors
• Attend inductions, training and EH&S meetings as and when required
• Attend and successfully carry out all assigned duties to deliver projects safely and timely
• Work with Project Managers and Site Engineers to ensure field work is delivered safely and efficiently whilst maintaining high quality standards
• Produce site records including, but not limited to; daily drilling logs, pre-start drilling rig checks, risk assessments and reports
• Undertake multiple site / ground investigations utilising cable percussion drilling in accordance with the appropriate specification
• Complete in-situ testing and sampling in accordance with Eurocode 7 and British Standards
• Produce detailed factual and interpretative reports to assist the pre-contracts estimating and design teams to help enhance successful contract awards based upon precise data, relevant information, ground conditions and any other specific project requirements
• Educated to HNC or above in Civil Engineering, Geotechnical / Geological Engineering or a similar / relevant engineering discipline
• Hold an SMSTS, CSCS and Driving Licence
• A demonstrable understanding of various project based site / ground investigation techniques, with the ability to use various rigs and equipment
• Reading and understanding of site / project specifications and drawings
• A good understanding of adopting varied techniques pertaining to the ground / site conditions, including cable percussion, bore hole logging, core sampling, window sampling and trial pitting
• A full awareness of project specifications and other contract documents
• An ability to produce complex factual and interpretative reports that are easily digested based on gathering a large amount of technical information from multiple areas
• Highly organised and effective, with the ability to plan and schedule your own workload with the minimum of supervision
This challenging and exciting opportunity requires an individual with a technical background and demonstrable experience in the SI / GI or Geotechnical Engineering sectors. An attractive basic salary (permanent) plus extensive benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate, along with longevity of work given the company’s market leading status in this sector, and their dedication to continued and ambitious growth.
Our client is a well-established Ground Engineering, Piling and Foundations Contractor, offering a variety of design and build services to all sectors of the civil engineering, infrastructure, rail and building / construction industry.
With their fleet of continuous flight auger (CFA), rotary bored and driven rigs of various sizes they can cater for any piling and retaining wall need for a vast array of geotechnical / ground engineering projects. Their team’s technical, logistical and operational strengths provide clients with a flexible and reliable solution to their foundation needs across the UK. Our client prides themselves on understanding the environment within which they work and for being a responsible contractor offering a proven track record of the successful delivery of a wide range of technically complex and challenging contracts.