This position will work under the direction of the design manager to perform engineering design work on water, wastewater, sewer or water pipelines, and stormwater treatment and conveyance infrastructure. Example tasks include:
· Preparation of reports
· Development of plans and specifications
· Preparation of cost estimates for various design stages, from conceptual design through final design.
· Assistance with construction administration
· Permit preparation and alternative analysis
· Participation in field activities such as pilot testing and construction observation
· Bachelor’s degree Civil or Environmental Engineering
· Candidates with a B.S. in Engineering Technology (Civil or Environmental) may be considered. * Engineer-in-Training Certification.
Experience in water related system design in one or more of areas listed is required.
Must be a US Citizen or have permanent residency
· Strong written and verbal communication skills along with the ability to prepare technical reports or similar correspondence.
· Strong planning and organizational skills with the flexibility to adapt to changing conditions.
· Self-motivation to solve multiple, complex tasks within a scheduled timeframe and budget.
· The ability to be an asset to team/group projects or to work alone with minimal supervision to successfully complete required tasks.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software.
· Proficiency and/or experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, ArcGIS, and other commonly used engineering software desired
Cornwell Engineering Group was founded in 1985 by our President , Dr. David A. Cornwell. After a successful career as a Professor at Michigan State University, Dr. Cornwell ventured into the consulting field on the belief that state-of-the-art research and technology could be merged with practical evaluations and designs for utilities to provide the best of both worlds for the environmental profession.
Dr. Cornwell's specialty is the potable water field and he established Cornwell Engineering Group to utilize the latest innovations and sound scientific fundamentals in the pursuit of optimizing and designing water facilities. Cornwell staff has continued in that tradition of blending research and scientific principles in their practical applications. Cornwell Engineering Group has branched into all the water fields including potable water, resource planning and management, distribution, stormwater, and wastewater treatment and collection.
Our services include treatability studies, planning, design, and construction administration. Cornwell Engineering Group is recognized as a national leader in the water treatment and sludge management fields, providing services throughout the country in areas of plant troubleshooting, regulatory compliance assistance, master planning, rehabilitation studies, expansion plans, laboratory treatability studies, laboratory analysis services, pilot plant treatment studies, full-service design including 3-D computer aided design services, construction administration, and start-up services.
Role: Civil and Environmental Engineer
Location: Newport News,
Apply for this job now.