Duties and Responsibilities:
The Food Safety Sanitation Manager must possess educational background and technical aptitude as it relates to food plant sanitation programs, chemical handling and Food Safety programs. A general knowledge of Food and environmental microbiological testing as well as preventative measures including sanitary design and automated sanitation and efficiency is required.
- Helps develop and implement strategic sanitation program, policies, plans and processes to ensure that sanitary performance meets True Leaf standards as well as supports Food Safety requirement towards regulatory compliance
- Manages annual sanitation plan, budget forecast and performance
- Manage sanitation Chemical supply and inventory
- Ensure that the plant is cleaned daily and ready to start production on time
- Maintain a safe work environment by properly implementing the IIPP (Injury Illness Prevention Programs) - Always raise safety awareness for chemical handling and equipment operation with Tag out Lock out training
- Ensure that the company food safety guidelines are implemented daily
- Maintain good communication with subordinates, peers and other members of management
- Train and set safety goals for sanitation crew.
- Participate in audits, facility inspections and coordinate pre-operational inspection with QC Management
- Clearly communicate expectation to sanitation employees
- Other duties may be assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Four year college degree in agriculture or science related field, or five years' experience in vegetable planting, harvesting and/or processing.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
- Must have the knowledge and skills required to work in a fast paced and challenging environment both inside and around the facility.
- Knowledge of the GMP, HACCP and Environmental sanitation program is preferred.
- Experience with third party regulatory agencies such as USDA and FDA.
Bellisio Foods provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, disability, or any other class protected by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Bellisio Foods, Inc. is a fast growing, global company with a long history of providing quality, innovative food that meets and exceeds consumers needs. Bellisio Foods makes a strong investment in people who are committed to building dynamic and respected brands. We strive for excellence in all we do.
Role: Sanitation Manager
Apply for this job now.