Global Engineering Solutions - Senior Plumbing Engineer
Global Engineering Solutions (GES) is an engineering, program management, and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection engineering. Our business is about people. The people we work with, the people we serve, and the people who live and work in the facilities we design and help to build. As such, we are always on the lookout for good people who share our love of engineering and construction management and our vision for technical leadership. We recognize the contribution that each individual makes to our success. In turn we strive to provide a stimulating work environment that fosters innovation, creativity and teamwork. We also provide in-house training and professional development programs to help you reach your full potential. This is just one of the many reasons we were selected as one of the Best Places to Work by the Washington Business Journal and one of the Best Engineering firms to work for in the Country by Zweig.
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Plumbing Engineer to be part of our firm. As the Senior Plumbing Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Designing plumbing systems including medical/laboratory piping and gases.
- Overseeing the preparation of technical drawings, specifications of plumbing systems and topographical maps.
- Leading project teams and serving as the primary contact for discipline with clients.
- Preparing specifications for purchases of materials and equipment.
- Developing calculations for plumbing systems and associated controls.
- Performing QA/QC of design work.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years’ design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is preferred.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Revit and MS Office.
- Proven ability to successfully lead teams and manage projects.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of plumbing design and corresponding terminology.
- Excellent ability to read, interpret and implement plumbing design documentation.
- Experience with laboratories/medical facilities design is preferred.
- Excellent work ethic and attitude.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Interpersonal communication skills, combined with organizational skills, the ability to plan, balance and prioritize work.
About Global Engineering Solutions
Global Engineering Solutions, Inc. (GES) is an engineering, program management and construction management firm specializing in mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire protection (MEP+FP). Headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, GES is recognized as a leader in the design or construction management of technologically complex and highly sensitive facilities for government, healthcare, corporate, and education clients. In recent years GES has provided services for government clients such as NIH, GSA, NASA, NIST, Naval Research Lab, USACE, USDA, and the Department of Veterans Affairs. GES delivers excellent CM-agency services, primarily to Federal agencies, through teaming arrangements with other CM providers either as a prime contractor or subconsultant.
Global Engineering Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: Senior Plumbing Engineer
Apply for this job now.