Are you an IT Professional looking for an exciting new role? Want to take your technical skills to the next level?
We are looking for a fantastic Senior Sytems Engineer for an opportunity based in Carlsbad San Diego. With a diverse range of people and various technologies to work with, this is a role which will never get boring.
You will be Responsible for building, managing and monitoring IT systems (software and hardware) and infrastructure. You will also be required to Mentor less experienced staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, configures, tests and maintains operating systems, application software and system management tools.
- Monitors existing systems to ensure structural integrity.
- Monitors and tests application performance for potential bottlenecks, identifies possible solutions, and works with developers to implement those fixes.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency.
- Oversees the development and installation of new hardware and software.
- Maintains security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Participates in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Provides technical direction to IT support staff as needed, acting as 2nd and 3rd level support and liaison with vendors for problem resolution.
- Ensures constant availability of technical resources.
- lead small IT projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Flexibility: Flexible to work in a 24 X 7 environment and responsible to support all GIA locations.
- Problem solving: Works on complex issues, requiring the ability to synthesize and analyze multiple sources of information to independently solve problems.
- Service oriented: Self-motivated to meet and exceed customer needs; regularly goes beyond what is expected.
- Communication Skills: Contributes to effective communication and sharing of information both in and out of the department. Able to effectively present technical information to audiences inside and outside of the department.
- Time-management skills: Able to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Mentoring skills: Always shares and transfers knowledge locally and globally to team members as needed.
- Teamwork: Ability to work effectively individually or in a group setting; encourages collaboration and knowledge sharing.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to create positive interactions with colleagues and a team; actively communicate with others, including management, in a timely & professional manner; maintain a collaborative working relationship with others and peers to improve the team performance. Ability to deal effectively with a variety of personalities to establish and maintain effective working relationships with global IT Teams. Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Technical knowledge: Technical know-how on Storage Area Networks (SAN) and other types of networked storage arrays, MS Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, VMware, Citrix, Nutanix, MS Exchange, O365, MS SQL, Active Directory, file and print servers and other applications on OEM (HP, DELL, IBM, etc.) servers.
- Supervision / Autonomy / Authority: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field and 5+ year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certifications preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification preferred.
- (ITIL) Foundations Certification preferred.
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification preferred.
- Prince 2 / PMP
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Datacenter Design & Operations, Hyper-converged Infrastructure, Cloud & Backup Technologies (Rubrik)
Role: Senior Systems Engineer
Apply for this job now.