Skoda Minotti was named the top firm to work for (over 250 employees) on the 2017 Accounting Today Best Accounting Firms to Work For. We have been recognized by Inc. and Accounting Today as one of the most outstanding and fastest-growing privately held companies in the U.S. Locally, we have been recognized with the Weatherhead 100 and NorthCoast 99 awards multiple times. The driving force that differentiates us at Skoda Minotti is a passion for helping our clients achieve their goals by providing them with an unprecedented level of service and "Delivering on the Promise."
We are currently searching for an Administrative Assistant to join our team in the Scheduling Department.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position provides assistance to the Practice Services Manager in support of the firm’s scheduling function and provides information to committees and other management team members, as required. This position may also assist with the collating, scanning / autoflow, and other tax processing tasks. There may also be involvement in editing, final collation and production of client financial statements. Provides additional administrative support to various members of the Tax and Accounting & Auditing departments, including maintaining calendars, answering and returning phone calls, arranging travel, and typing correspondence, along with other general administrative duties.
· Updates projects in the practice management system as completed.
· Rolls projects to the next year end and notifies job managers.
· Appends budget from previous year and notifies job managers.
· Monitors time entry for entire staff weekly through practice management system.
· Facilitates training for new staff in practice management software.
General Administrative Duties
· Collates tax returns
· Provides back-up support to front-desk receptionist as needed.
· Schedules and assists at firm meetings and/or off-site events.
· Participates in firm staff meetings and attends other meetings/seminars as assigned.
· Special projects and other related duties as assigned.
· Assist with firm event planning as well as coordinating meals for employees as needed during busy season.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
· High School Diploma.
· Experience in administrative work in a professional services environment is preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation skills.
· Proficiency in all MS Office applications.
· Detail oriented with the ability to organize and prioritize work timely.
· Ability to understand firm and departmental operations and procedures.
· Ability to research and analyze various different types of data and information.
· Meet expectations for attendance and punctuality.
· Provide timely, high quality client service that meets or exceeds expectations.
· Proactively seek new training to enhance skills and professional proficiency.
· Occasional same day travel for meetings or to attend seminars using a personal vehicle.
· Possible overtime required throughout the year (may be heavier during the period of January through April 15).
· May require weekend overtime periodically.
· Minimal hazards. General office working conditions.
· Meet physical demands of the position including the ability to lift and handle up to 25 pounds of materials; bend, stoop and stretch as required for placement and retrieval of materials or equipment.
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.
With over 250 partners and employees, we operate out of four offices and offer a wide range of services to individuals, businesses and nonprofit organizations. We serve clients in many industries, including, but not limited to: trucking, construction, financial services, manufacturing and distribution, professional services, retail, healthcare and life sciences. Current niches include accounting and auditing, tax, employee benefits, exit planning, financial services, information service technology, international tax, investment management, marketing, sales and local tax, staffing, small business, transaction advisory services, and valuation and litigation advisory services.
Role: Scheduling / Administrative Assistant
Apply for this job now.