Company: RIVER ROCK CASINO
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
TDR LEAD COOK
Job Title: TDR Lead Cook
Status: Full Time
Job Code: HG5
Reports To: Sous Chef
This is an hourly position. The incumbent is expected to work normal shift hours but must be flexible and available to occasionally work early mornings, evenings, late nights or weekends to meet the needs of a 24 hour establishment.
The TDR lead Cook is to lead in the daily production and/or cooking of all foods relating to the Team Dining Room (TDR). They will also act as cashier for all TDR food and beverage transactions. An individual in this position provides fast, friendly and efficient customer service to Casino team members. This position ensures that the Team Dining Room (TDR) is maintained in a neat, clean and orderly manner. The TDR Lead Cook will ensure an adequate supply and stock levels for beverages, condiments, eating utensils, etc for the TDR and other areas as directed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides professional customer service in the TDR.
- Follows safe food handling procedures at all times.
- Ensures that all food served meets set quality standards.
- Prepares and cooks foods for respective kitchen outlets including TDR according to proper procedures.
- Assists in completing hot and cold line functions as necessary.
- Ensures that all kitchen preparation is completed on a timely basis and follows established recipes and procedures.
- Works at a safe and efficient rate of speed in a fast-paced environment.
- Stores, labels, dates and rotates all foods (FIFO).
- Responds to customer (employee) requests and answers inquiries regarding daily menu items.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly check-out area and work station and surrounding areas as necessary.
- Mops up spills, removes refuse and cleans tables to ensure dining room cleanliness, following zone cleaning schedule to ensure that all walls, shelves, ceilings, floors, work areas and equipment is cleaned on a rotating basis or as needed to maintain set standards.
- Stocks all food, condiments, fountain drink supplies, eating utensils, plates and glassware etc.
- Ensures that all equipment such as the fountain drink dispenser, ice cream dispenser, espresso machine, condiment containers and other equipment is maintained as per regular maintenance and cleaning schedules;
- Uses kitchen equipment as instructed to ensure safety and proper care of equipment.
- Must be able to operate POS system, enter proper amounts and totals; provide correct change for all transactions; follow all cash handling procedures.
- Acts as a role model and always present oneself as a credit to River Rock Casino and encourages others to do the same.
- Commits to the Team R.O.C.K. Philosophy.
- Maintain a neat and clean environment by cleaning all tables, spills, sweeping floors, etc. in the TDR food areas as needed.
- Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, department and company policies and procedures.
- Attends all required meetings and training.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs tasks in a fast and efficient manner.
- Trains new and assisting staff.
- Is able to offer and maintain a fresh, high quality and balanced buffet line to include fresh vegetable, proteins of different variety, appropriate starches, salad bar and side dish.
- Inventories product and recommends orders for food and supplies.
- Assists with End of Month inventory.
- Is able to create an appropriate "special" with minimal direction using the products on hand.
- Maintains appropriate hot and cold food holding temperatures.
- Is able to assist in other outlets in a cook role.
- Must be able to pass a written job knowledge/skill test with at least 70% correct answers.
- Maintains an acceptable attendance calendar.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
- Minimum of one (2) years cooking in a medium volume short order / Fast Food commercial kitchen is required.
- Possesses basic knife skills and be able to operate basic kitchen equipment.
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to get along with co-workers and work as a team.
- Must present a pleasant and professional appearance at all times.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with respect to all matters pertaining to the gaming enterprise business.
- Must be able to properly follow POS procedures and cash handling.
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a gaming license from the Dry Creek Gaming Commission.
- Must be able to be on feet for prolonged periods of time and work efficiently in an environment with extreme temperatures (hot/cold).
- Must possess coordination and dexterity to use kitchen utensils such as knives, spatulas, food tongs, etc.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Must be able to carry, pull and push the weight needed to perform the duties of the job.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, crouch, kneel, push and pull in the performance of duties.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must be able to maneuver around all areas of the casino.
- Must have manual dexterity to operate a computer and other necessary office equipment.
- Must be able to bend, reach, stoop, kneel, twist and grip items.
- Must be able to respond to visual and audio cues.
River Rock Casino, in conjunction with Human Resources, reserves the right to make changes to this job description at any time.
A PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST, FINGERPRINT, AND BACKGROUND CHECK IS REQUIREDJob Posted by ApplicantPro