Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Pay: $14.00 per hour
Candidates must have HVAC Certification
The Maintenance Technician Job responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager in ensuring the optimal maintenance of the entire property and all aspects of the community. The Maintenance Technician is also responsible for following all Property Policies and Procedures and making sure that all property employees follow them as well.
General Duties & Requirements:
- HVAC Certification is required for this position.
- The position is based upon working forty (40) hours per week (eight hours per day over a five (5) day period.
- It is imperative to be punctual every day.
- Be on call for emergencies (24 hours / 7 days per week) except when on vacation. In the event of an emergency call, you are required to respond and address the matter in a timely manner.
- Report any issues which include but are not limited to the following: Building, equipment, residents, contractors, accident, injuries, notices or problems, etc. to the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager, Regional Manager and District Manager when applicable.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the property's curb appeal and cosmetic upkeep (cleaning and painting of common areas and buildings)
- Clean up of parking lots & buildings.
- Work Orders (electrical, plumbing, a/c repairs, general repairs, cleaning, carpentry, etc.)
- Preparation and turnover of vacant apartments. Responsible for the removal of bulk items, completion of all punch list items within 24 to 48 hours. Coordinate any needed extension of time directly with Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager.
- Responsible for the equipment and supplies needed to perform the duties.
- Uniform and employee ID must be worn on a daily basis and it should always be neat and clean.
- Employee shall maintain any and all permits and/or license to perform a/c repairs and service.
- Employee shall be courteous to all residents, guest, and vendors.
- "Wet Floor "signs must be placed throughout areas in which floors are being cleaned. Signs shall be kept in area /building being cleaned until floor is dry. This includes placing signs on both the first and second floors of the building being cleaned.
Daily and Weekly Tasks:
- Pick up trash around the dumpsters every day. Make sure all trash bags are inside the dumpsters. Dispose of any large items dumped around the property.
- Clean around the property and parking lot (if applicable). Remove cans, bottles, and debris.
- Check exterior of buildings for paint, graffiti, weeds, oil/grease spots, repairs needed.
- Clean hallways with water and cleaner. Inspect hallways and sidewalks every day and clean up/sweep as needed.
- Remove spider webs around the property, hallways, doors, lamps, plants, etc.
- Clean and remove trash from office and bathroom.
- Check exterior lights on hallways, parking, and Exit lights.
- Check sprinklers by turning on one area at a time. Make repairs as needed or report to Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager.
- Complete maintenance work orders reported by residents. If unable to complete during the day, report to Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager anticipated date of completion.
- Communicate with Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager on any maintenance issues.
- Visually check the fire alarm control panels to see if there are any trouble signals. (if applicable)
- Visually check the backflows for any leaks or obvious problems. (if applicable)
- Any other duties assigned by Maintenance Supervisor and/or Property Manager.
- Clean sidewalks/hallways with bleach and water.
- Clean and maintain storage rooms.
- Inspect meter rooms and ensure they are clean and not used for storage.
- Remove dead branches less than 5 ft. high.
Awards and Recognition:
Staffing 100: Lee Elkinson, Chief Executive Officer
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Diamond Award (2013-2018)
2018 Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction
Award 2017 Largest Staffing Firms in the United States - Staffing Industry Analysts 2017 Largest North Texas Women-Owned Businesses - Dallas Business Journal 2017
Best Professional Search Firms - Forbes 2017
Best of Staffing® Client Satisfaction Award 2016
Best of Staffing® Talent Satisfaction Award 2016 Best of Staffing®
Role: Building Maintenance Tech
Location: Lynn Haven,
Apply for this job now.