We have an exciting opportunity available for a Cyber Security Analyst to join us based at our HQ in Southampton however our focus is on achieving outcomes rather than location, so we are open to hybrid working; where there will be a split between home and office working. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £40,749 - £47,940 per annum.
Ordnance Survey (OS) provides national mapping services for Great Britain and is a world-leading provider of geospatial solutions. OS location data and expertise has helped governments make smarter decisions, businesses gain valuable data insight, and everyone experience the world outside for over 225 years.
We offer fantastic benefits in return for joining us as our Cyber Security Analyst:
- Competitive salary plus performance-related bonus
- Competitive pension
- 37-hour working week (with flexible working options)
- 25 days annual leave (30 days after five years), plus bank holidays and an extra 3 over Christmas
- A suite of excellent additional benefits
About the role:
As our Cyber Security Analyst, you will work in our Cyber team to help defend our digital services from cyber-attack, respond to incidents and mitigate our security vulnerabilities. You will help ensure we comply with our policies, provide your colleagues with advice and guidance, and last-but-not-least, support our critical cyber platforms.
This is a varied role, enabling you to respond to challenges of a digital business by regularly monitoring our cyber response platforms. You'll work to manage vulnerabilities and work with teams to resolve and migrate issues. As part of the role, you will conduct assessments of existing and new software deployment, whilst continuously looking at ways to mature our processes and improve the services.
You'll act as an advisor to staff and external stakeholders on compliance, in addition to managing and publishing knowledge articles and threat intelligence feeds to help educate the wider business.
What we're looking for in our ideal Cyber Security Analyst:
- Experience working as a Security Analyst or similar role
- Working knowledge of cyber tools
- The ability to show a working knowledge of the IT "towers" found in a typical Digital business
- Good knowledge of information risk concepts and principles
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Experience of supporting cloud adoption and cloud security in Azure would be advantageous
Join us and you'll have an opportunity to make an impact. To empower projects that deliver real-world benefits across Britain and internationally. To hear our customers say they couldn't have done it without us. And to be central to OS's vision: to be recognised as world leaders in geospatial services; creating location insight for positive impact.
We recognise that Ordnance Survey's ambition to continue attracting and retaining the most talented individuals means providing flexibility where possible, which is why we're keen to hear from suitable open to hybrid working, where there will be a split between home and office working
If you would like to be part of this, click apply now to be considered as our Cyber Security Analyst - we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: Sunday 10th January 2021
Role: Cyber Security Analyst
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Southampton, Hampshire,
Apply for this job now.