SEN Teaching Assistant - Hearing Impaired 1:1
September 2021 Start
Full or Part Time - Thurrock
A small primary school located in the Thurrock area with a friendly and family like feel where everyone including pupils and staff are encouraged to look after each other. It is an inclusive environment where all backgrounds, individual needs and faiths are welcomed and celebrated. The school is Ofsted rated good and academic results across all key stages are above the national average. The schools mission is to make every family feel part of the community and to develop happy pupils who love to learn.
Essential Requirements for a SEN Teaching Assistant 1:1 - Hearing Impaired:
- Providing a calm and nurturing approach
- Previous experience of working with children or in a profession with transferrable skills such as care
- The ability to adapt resources to ensure lessons are inclusive as the child is hearing impaired
- Be able to provide lots of sensory experiences inside and outside of the classroom
- The ability to work as a team with the class teacher and another TA to ensure progress is monitored and planned for
- NVQ in Childcare and Education Or Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- British sign language level 1-3
- Previous experience of using Makaton or Makaton trained
- Experience of supporting social and emotional development
Please contact us today if this role as an SEN Teaching Assistant in the Thurrock area
is of interest, we would love to hear from you!
Supply Desk can offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Recommend a friend bonus scheme
- Out of hours on-call service
- Day to day or long term assignments
To take full advantage of this opportunity please forward your CV to #removed#
or call Zoe Sedgwick on: #removed# / #removed#
Supply Desk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be required to complete an enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment and meet Safer Recruitment standards.