Silvergate Capital Corporation (NYSE: SI) is the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions and services for the growing digital currency industry. The Company's real-time payments platform, known as the Silvergate Exchange Network, is at the heart of its customer-centric suite of payments, lending and funding solutions serving an expanding class of digital currency companies and investors around the world. Silvergate is enabling the rapid growth of digital currency markets and reshaping global commerce for a digital currency future. Challenging convention by empowering people allows us to exceed expectations for our clients while cultivating an awesome culture.
The Sr. Systems Engineer is part of a team that is responsible for supporting various banking and non-banking systems and services. This position will contribute to developing, testing, integrating, auditing, and supporting these systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides tier two application support to Silvergate employees related to production incidents, collaborating with other internal staff and vendors on a resolution
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Servers, Microsoft systems, and Microsoft domain operations and functionality.
- Maintain project documentation such as project lists, project status reports, and budget
- Install, configure, enhance, customize, maintain and support software systems and applications, primarily Microsoft systems.
- Design and implement modifications to new and existing applications in line with established change management processes.
- Provide second tier applications support for existing and new applications.
- Troubleshoot production incidents, problems, and collaborate with other internal staff and vendors on resolution.
- Develop, prepare, and update procedures, user manuals, and training materials.
- Hardware and Software asset controls and reporting
- Supply audit evidence and support the audit functions
- Proactively develop and maintain technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up to date on current trends and best practices; leverages expertise to produce solutions that enforce standardization and security initiatives
- Where needed, maintain and support Microsoft Systems and applications, including development of custom reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of all federal and state laws and regulations, along with the Bank's policies and procedures
- Must adhere to the company's core values of Challenge Convention, Do What's Right, Take Ownership, Empower People, Exceed Expectations, and Cultivate Awesome all while keeping our “Why?” front of mind. Our Why? Silvergate is the banking platform for innovators, and we believe in the power of entrepreneurs to create prosperity for our communities.
- Not to harm consumers with any act that could be misleading, unfair, deceptive, or abusive in act or practice
- Evaluate and recommend cost effective hardware and software solutions to meet specific bank business objectives.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university and at least 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with software systems, and the regulatory requirements pertaining to financial institutions
- Ability to work with IT and line of business to create and develop business requirements and design specifications
- Experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving user experience issues
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of computer systems, networks, and appropriate software applications, including strong technical aptitude and understanding of Microsoft Office suite of products
- Experience working with software development of SharePoint and SharePoint O365 migration
- Understand work processes within a large data store and complex business rules
- Comfortable analyzing data, understanding data trends and presenting their findings as well as offering resolutions to system issues
- Self-sufficient, accountable, and reliable
- Experience working with multiple business partners to define requirements
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with daily challenges and opportunities
BANK SECRECY ACT REQUIREMENTS
Responsible for adhering to the reporting and recordkeeping requirements of the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering rules and regulations, observing economic sanctions by prohibiting transactions as specified by the Office of Foreign Asset Control (OFAC), following the Company's customer identification program (CIP) rules, observing all Company policies and procedures relating to BSA, OFAC, CIP, and related acts, and participation in ongoing related training.
Standard office environment with a moderate noise level or working remotely.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Required to communicate with customer and coworkers verbally and in writing
- Occasionally required to stand; walk
- Occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds
- Required to sit for long periods and reach with hands and arms
- Able to read documents, computer screens, reports, other communications and have the ability to adjust focus and close vision.
Management reserves the right to add to, change and revise this description at any time. This description does not include any marginal functions that are incidental to the essential functions. Also, it does not imply that these are the only tasks to be performed by the incumbent. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related tasks requested by their supervisor. Any requirement may be modified to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Silvergate is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vet
Powered by JazzHR