Company: CRAIG RECREATIONAL ENTERPRISES, LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
St. Joseph Country club is an 18-hole championship award-winning golf club that prides itself on providing exceptional amenities to members. Established in 1898, St. Joseph Country Clun is the oldest country club west of the Mississippi River.
St. Joseph Country Club is hiring for a Bartender/Server who will alternate between bartending and serving to provide exceptional customer service skills!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcoming customers and listening to people to determine beverage and/or food preferences, making recommendations, and taking orders.
- Prepare alcoholic or non-alcoholic beverages for bar and patrons.
- Remain knowledgeable about menu items and informing customers about new beverages and specials.
- Handling cash, credit, and debit card transactions, ensuring charges are accurate and returning correct change to patrons, balancing the cash register.
- Maintaining a clean work and dining area by removing trash, cleaning tables, and washing glasses, utensils, and equipment.
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies.
- Executes a high standard of customer service from beginning to end.
- Ensure consistency in preparation and presentation of food and drink items before serving to guest in a timely manner.
- Follow all standard food handling, sanitation, and health department guidelines.
- Maintains customer satisfaction by responding promptly and courteously to requests.
- Maintains specific side-work and ensures the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Prepares final bill, presents check to guest, and manages accurate incoming and outgoing financial transactions.
- Follow proper payroll, uniform, and grooming policies and procedures.
- Notify management of unsafe conditions, needed maintenance of tables, chairs, carpet and/or equipment and any accidents.
- Maintains open communication with the restaurant staff to ensure efficient flow of restaurant.
- Clears and resets tables as needed.
- Available to fill in as directed by management.
- Preform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least 1 year of serving experience required.
- Basic knowledge of food presentation, preparation, and food handling.
- Possess basic math skills and can handle money and operate a point-of-sale system.
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Requires a high level of commitment to customer service.
The requirements listed are representative, but not exclusive, of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
St. Joseph Country Club is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status and other characteristics that make our employees unique.Job Posted by ApplicantPro