Responsible for all aspects of the warehouse functions including receiving, sorting, storing, handling, preparation, and shipping products within the warehouse while ensuring safety, accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
· Promptly and accurately unloads, receives and verifies material coming into building
· Examines incoming shipments for damage and accuracy and reports discrepancies
· Opens bales, crates and other containers
· Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program
· Accurately places materials in designated storage areas in an orderly manner
· Safely operates all necessary types of equipment to carry out a particular phase of the warehouse cycle
· Performs routine equipment maintenance
· Adheres to all safety requirements including use of proper PPE
· Maintains simple reports on work orders handled and quantities produced
· Exhibits willingness to share new ideas to make processes better
· Exhibits willingness to work in a team environment
· Regular attendance is required
· Reads customer orders, work orders, shipping orders or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped
· Completes file requisitions, work orders or requests for materials, tools or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area
· Ensures warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic
· Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocate orders to a holding area or shipping department
· Marks materials with identifying information using appropriate method
· Assists in counting of physical inventory
· Weighs and counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards and order accuracy
· Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other departments
· Prepares parcels for mailing
· Sweeps, dusts and mops. Organizes warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
· May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed
· All other duties as assigned
· Required: high school graduate or equivalent
· Basic math, counting, and reasoning skills
· Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions, safety rules/regulations and prepare warehouse reports as needed.
· Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, distinguish color, operate machines, and visually inspect parts produced
· Sufficient manual dexterity to operate machines properly
· Physical ability to do work requiring frequent lifting, twisting, bending, stooping, pulling, pushing, walking and standing for 8+ hours per day.
· Physical ability to do work that requires lifting/pulling/carrying weights ranging from 1 to 50 lbs.
· Ability to obtain powered industrial truck certification
· Ability to work in high-pressure, fast-paced environment
· Ability to learn to use tape measure, calipers, micrometers & propylene/acetylene cutting torches
· Ability to operate computers that are part of the manufacturing process
· Ability and willingness to cross-train in other areas
· Willingness to work 40 hours per week with possible mandatory/voluntary over-time
· Willingness to work rotating shifts (if necessary)
· Willingness to work in temperatures ranging from approximately 60 to 100 degrees F
· Ability to multi-task
· Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, inter-department personnel, and other warehouse employees
· Strong work ethic and positive attitude
Are you looking for a fast-paced, high-performance position within a fast-growing company? Come join us!! We are searching for a top-notch, full-time Associate..
The McAlear Group (AKA Service Spring Corp) is a family-owned, 4th generation manufacturing company. We are searching for dedicated, committed, and highly motivated individuals to join our team. Team members earn a competitive hourly wage with overtime opportunities.
We offer awesome benefits:
• Paid time off (including paid Birthday)
• Fun and family-friendly work environment
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life/AD&D/STD/LTD (After 30 days)
• 401K (with company match)
• Qualified quarterly bonuses
• Paid training
• Full time career day one
Role: Warehouse Associate - Orlando, FL
Apply for this job now.