Overview of role:
A Welder has the skills and abilities to produce a quality product from both MIG and TIG operations while maintaining production standards. The Welder must be able to pass a bend test. This position is responsible for following procedures to ensure that parts fit and quality welds are performed so that each container being manufactured meets or exceeds the customer specified requirements.
- Set up, maintains and adjusts welding equipment at workstation.
- Operates welding equipment and torches.
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment used in welding process.
- Verifies that a quality weld process has occurred with each welding.
- Completes the required records for Labor and ISO requirements.
- Provides instructions to others as necessary to complete the assigned welding processes.
- As production schedule demands: Switch from stainless steel to carbon steel wire.
- Handles parts, materials, equipment and tools used in the welding process.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Extensive background in MIG and TIG welding
- Must be able to pass a bend test
- Must be able to read a blueprint
- Basic mathematics: add, subtract, multiply, and divide
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with all other operators of the various weld lines
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Since 1911, Hoover Ferguson has been providing the highest quality liquid handling solutions and services to the chemical, petrochemical, food and beverage, and other industries.
The Hoover Ferguson legacy is a company that is built to last and manufactures products that are built to last. Hoover Ferguson is steeped in a tradition of manufacturing a long lasting, durable, and quality product. We bring a rich heritage of 100 years of manufacturing experience to the material handling industry, and we consistently offer high quality products and services to our customers.
Role: MIG & TIG Welder
Apply for this job now.