As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £418.2 billion (€476.3 billion/$543.3 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 4,100 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests. Explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
*as at 30 June 2017
Based in London, Schroders’ Global and International Equity Team manages around USD24* billion in assets within a broad range of global and international equity investment strategies, applying a consistent philosophy and disciplined investment approach across all portfolios managed. Under the leadership of Alex Tedder, the team comprises three* senior portfolio managers and eight* Global Sector Specialists. On average, the members of the team have in excess of 16* years of industry experience and have worked with Schroders for an average of 10* years.
The successful candidate would work as part of a team of 4 Product Executives supporting the Product Managers (London & NY) and the Investment team. Key tasks covered by the PE team include: maintenance of material and product related data including management information; providing presentations for client review meetings and new business pitches; production of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc client reporting; completion of RFPs/RFIs/DDQs; involvement with strategic projects.
*as at 30 September 2017.
Overview of role
The successful candidate will have to be self-motivated, detail orientated and should have the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. Key tasks include but are not limited to:
• Preparing high quality presentations for client meetings and new business pitches by liaising with Product Managers, Fund Managers, Analysts, Distribution and internal teams
• Maintain product-related data and provide support for the firm’s global sales force, responding to ad hoc queries and requests for information
• Ensuring core data in area(s) of expertise/responsibility is kept up to date and accurate in accordance with agreed processes
• Producing monthly, quarterly and ad hoc client reporting
• Working closely with the sales support teams to complete RFPs, RFIs and DDQs
• Proactively updating systems and consultant databases with product specific material/information
• Responding to product related enquiries in a prompt and helpful way
• Involvement with strategic projects and initiatives
• The candidate will be a high calibre individual, keen to work as part of a team to produce high quality, accurate and tailored product information
• A good feel for, and interest in, investment issues across the markets covered by the desk
• Ability to deal with the complexities of multiple product offerings to most client domiciles through a variety of delivery vehicles (mutual funds in the US, UK, Luxembourg etc)
• Able to work to tight deadlines on own initiative with limited direction
• Thorough, accurate and excellent attention to detail
• Good numerical and analytical skills
• Good written communication skills
• Good IT skills essential, proficiency in Microsoft office suite (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Factset and Bloomberg/Eikon would be useful
• Minimum of degree level qualification
• IMC (or equivalent) desirable