CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: Branch Manager (HVACR)- Portland, OR
Manages branch operations to meet goals and objectives for branch sales, profitability, and customer perception in the local market. Responsibilities include hiring, training, safety, labor productivity, inventory management, customer satisfaction and supervising branch team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures customers receive prompt, professional service both in person and over the phone.
- Works in conjunction with outside sales staff to determine customer needs, develop sales programs and promotions, and perform sales calls as needed.
- Oversees warehouse and delivery operations.
- Develops strong contractor relationships through consistent performance.
- Implements plans to drive revenue, meeting branch growth goals.
- Certifies product pricing meets profitability targets by reviewing costs, pricing decisions, and taking corrective action where necessary.
- Maintain high standards for cleanliness and appearance of showroom, warehouse, and exterior grounds.
- Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner.
- Establishes, communicates and models performance expectations to all branch team members.
- Monitors activity by reviewing reports and gathering customer feedback.
- Provide training to staff on products, safety, company policy, and performance expectations.
- Provides a safe work environment and complies with OSHA requirements.
- Ensures compliance with all national, state, and local employment regulations.
- Oversees product returns and warranty processing.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and monitor delivery schedules.
- Balance cash drawer daily and prepare bank deposits.
- Attend training classes.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and four to five years of branch operations management experience in a wholesale environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience managing a productive team.
- Past experience will include customer service, sales and a fair amount of technical knowledge in HVAC/R.
- College business degree preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill and ability to type 30-50 wpm, and use 10 key or calculator.
- Organized and able to prioritize work, meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks, and able to operate office equipment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills required along with having good listening skills.
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office experience.
- Paid Vacation / Holidays / Sick Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance / Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dependent Care
- Health Savings Account
- Supplemental Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with generous company match
- Discount Purchase Program for Employees
- Discounted Wireless Phone Options
TO JOIN OUR TEAM - APPLY TODAY!
This position is subject to post-offer drug screen, background check, and DMV records check.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale distributor for heating, cooling, and refrigeration supplies and equipment. We are locally owned and operated, and are a founding member of the nation's largest HVAC/R cooperative with over 400 locations. Johnstone Supply offers superior customer service, technical advice, and training seminars. We are proud to be an official partner with Operation Homefront, a national non-profit organization providing emergency financial assistance and services to military families. If you are looking for a challenging work environment, and want to know your contributions make a difference, apply to join our winning team.
Role: Branch Manager - HVAC(R)
Apply for this job now.