The Diesel Technician provides prompt repair to all site mobile and handling equipment to include: To monitor condition and appearance of all mobile equipment, immediately notifying management of any deficiencies. Perform timely P.M. inspections and repairs on assigned mobile equipment. Completes repair orders accurately and legibly with all necessary information. Use tools in a safe efficient manner to prevent personal injury or damage to equipment and tools. Maintain a clean and safe work environment. Follows all Company procedures and policies.
- At least 5 years of experience with mobile equipment maintenance and repair.
- Experience in mechanical, electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- High degree of motivation and attention to details.
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Skill to create saving cost reports on PM’s and Repairs in a computer software (Excel preferred).
- Ability to multitask and establish priorities
- Willing to work overtime, weekends and / or respond to call outs if necessary.
- Ability to identify, report, and execute on recurring problems.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Performs inspections and preventive maintenance per scheduled intervals.
- Inspect all equipment for signs of abuse, brakes, tires, ETC.
- Provides assigned repairs of forklifts based off operator pre-shift inspection reports submitted, or any deficiencies noted during shift.
- Keeps accurate inventory levels for spare parts and supplies needed for PM’s and repairs.
- Prepare repair orders with unit number description of problem, repairs made, parts, and start/finish.
- Secure equipment safely prior to starting repairs.
- Secure area from any open flames or ignition sources, i.e. torching, welding, grinding etc.
- Secure area prior to starting repairs by setting safety cones along outside of the inspection lane.
- If working on a drive up follow all inspection lane safety procedures, wear safety vest at all times.
- Return parts removed if under warranty, core charge, or if they show signs of abuse, review with supervisor.
- Assist on any special projects as required.
- Assist Maintenance department while available.
- Other duties as assigned.
Role: Diesel Technician
Apply for this job now.