Company: OTTO JAMES CONSULTING
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Otto James Consulting are supporting a Cheshire based organisation in the search for a newly created Financial Controller position. About Our Client
Our growth has been above all projections, and thus they have an immediate need for a new level of talent within the organisation.
This is a Financial Controller position which will see the successful candidate, progress to Finance Director and grow the team around them. Job Description
Currently my client is ahead of where their forecasted growth had been projected, and although they see this as a real positive, they also see that without a talented individual spearheading the finance function, they may not take advantage of this momentum. Therefore the hire of a talented Financial Controller is seen as a true foundation stone of the organisation and will thus see the position as one which will fast track the individual to a Board seat.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
The Successful Applicant
- Control all reporting to Board and manage budgets, forecasts, monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts.
- Advertising spend
- Responsible for the preparation of the Group consolidation (including all associated consolidation journals) for actual results, forecasts and budget.
- Working in a divisional overview role, review reporting from all Business units, liaising with the Business Unit
- Communicate opportunities for growth and divestment
- Ensure effective communication with Senior Management and the Group.
- Responsible for the continuous development of the financial / management reporting of the organisation
- Manage the annual budget for departments and the organisation as a whole.
- Issue Standard templates to ensure budgets are submitted in a consistent format
- Manage the statutory accounts and audit process and provide assistance to other divisions in their statutory accounts process.
- Key projects, reports and investigations.
* ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
* Detailed experience of budgeting and statutory accounts
* Experience of implementing controls, financial systems and procedures
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Excellent system skills e.g. Excel Advanced