Are you already a Certified HHA residing in New York State? Or a current C.N.A. who is looking to work in the home health care industry as an HHA?
Apply today! Daytime and weekend work readily available!
Provides quality care to patient’s requiring personal care and home support services to restore and maintain the patient’s physical and emotional well-being, while maintaining a safe and clean environment. Under the supervision of an assigned professional home visiting nurse or licensed therapist, assists with the physical and personal care of patient’s to restore the activities of daily living including non-health services to maintain a safe and clean environment, planning and preparing meals, maintaining current and accurate patient records. The below responsibilities are to be performed on an individual basis only as prescribed in a plan of care ordered by physician.
• Observes and records patient’s care, symptoms, emotional and physical status (vital signs, intake and output).
• Reports pertinent observations and significant changes in patient’s condition to the assigned case manager or designee
• Accompanies patient outside the home when authorized by supervisor.
• Assists with medications which are ordinarily self-administered and which a physician has prescribed.
• Participates in supportive activities to ensure maximum patient independence with the home setting.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for patient and family privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and HIPAA.
• Completes all required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion according to established policies.
• Regular and reliable attendance is required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• High school graduate or equivalent is preferred. A successful completion of a basic training program in home health aide services or passing an equivalent exam approved by the NYS Department of Health required.
• Must possess written evidence of the above course completion.
• Ability to read, write, understand, and carry out directions or instructions and maintains simple records.
• Must respect patient confidentiality, have an empathetic attitude toward patients and families requiring care and must continue certification requirements as a home health aide.
• Requires reliable means of transportation and the ability to travel to and from required locations as needed to perform the essential responsibilities of the job.
• Pre-employment physical examination required to ensure the applicants ability to perform all responsibilities of the job. Also an annual health assessment as required by NYS Health Department will need to be completed.
• Demonstrates commitment to outstanding customer service both internally and externally.
Ability to travel as required to visit homebound patients.
The Lifetime Healthcare Companies aim to attract the best talent from diverse socio economic, cultural and experiential backgrounds, to diversify our workforce and best reflect the communities we serve.
Our mission is to foster an environment where diversity and inclusion are explicitly recognized as fundamental parts of our organizational culture. We believe that diversity of thought and background drives innovation which enables us to provide leading-edge healthcare insurance and services. With that mission in mind, we recruit the best candidates from all communities, to diversify and strengthen our workforce.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lifetime Care, a not for profit Certified Home Health Care Agency (CHHA), is committed to patient and employee satisfaction. Our employees consistently give Lifetime Care high marks for supportive leadership, advancement opportunities, autonomy, work/life balance and more. And we are proud to be nationally recognized by HomeCare Elite.
The agency has grown over the years, and now services patients in 8 counties in the Western and Finger Lakes Regions of New York State including Monroe, Wayne, Cayuga, Seneca, Ontario, Livingston, Yates and Schuyler.
Employment opportunities in these sectors are abundant, particularly for:
• Home Health Aides
• MSW prepared Social Workers
• Registered Nurses
• Physical Therapists
• Occupational Therapists
• Speech Therapists
Lifetime Care offers:
Work/life balance with a variety of work schedules to choose from.
Career advancement opportunities.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Superior level of attention to employees that makes us the home health care and hospice employer of choice in the Greater Rochester and Finger Lakes Regions.
Strategy and Mission: Our work is purposeful and our direction is clear
Supervisory Consideration: Supervisors are friendly, supportive and helpful.
What Do Employees Say about Lifetime Care? Lifetime Care employees give our agency strong marks in the following:
Overall Job Satisfaction
Training and development
Role: Certified Home Health Aide
Apply for this job now.